Used 2004 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 425 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Love my go cart!
By Dawn Clark

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Very reliable! I am the 2nd owner now have over 336,000 miles! Body is starting to go & will be sad to let it go. Hugs the road & feel safe driving in snow. I actually love driving in winter with good tires. Great reliable long lasting safe vehicle! Love my Jeep! Not best on mpg but worth it.

This Jeep sums up why I love cars
By Carpassion96

2004 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a fantastic machine for the 14 years that my mother and I owned it. It was handed down to me during senior year of HS in 2014 and has taken me from California to my current home in Chicago. Its been there through the good and bad of my life. The lack of traction control, ABS and 4WD means that it's fun to drive, especially in rain and snow. We were pretty consistent with the maintenance and as a result, it has been as reliable, if not more than Japanese cars. The only things I can remember going bad were the A/C condenser (in the desert on the way to Vegas, ugh) the radiator, the rear window regulators (which are notoriously prone to failure in Libertys), and worn valve cover gaskets. Other than that, the engine and transmission is still running strong. The suspension is also holding up okay. A few interior bits are broken, worn or torn but thats expected in an American car of this vintage. If you can find a sub-200,000 or even a sub-150,000 mile example with a pretty decent maintenance history, then buy one. This car can last well above 200,000 or even 300,000 if taken care of. Maybe even more. Its just that good.

Loretta the Liberty!
By Elizabeth

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I adore my 2004 Jeep Liberty. She has been nothing but a great vehicle. The jeep has helped me move out of college (filled to the top with stuff) and the winters in Kutztown, Pennsylvania! This thing has driven through over a foot of heavy snow with NO issue. I have also taken it off roading on some pretty aggresive trails and for this being stock (newer aggressive tires only) it powered through! It has decent pick-up for merging onto highways and the turning radius is FANTASTIC. This car is reliable, safe and ready for whatever you throw at it!

awesome vehicle!!!
By chris parrish

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i love my liberty!!!! i got this vehicle with 62000 miles on it and it has 137000 now. i have never had any mechanical issues with it but it is very well maintained. 4x4 works awesome and snow is not even an issue.

Really great car
By Oklahomabound

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2004 Jeep Liberty has 135,000 miles and runs great. It has been through 37 out of 50 states in these USA. It has been driven in the mountains of Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona... it is a 3.7 L 6 cylinder with a 5 speed manual-it is my daily driver because it is dependable; however I stay away from Jeep dealerships because they are high priced and not dependable. It gets 18 mpg around town and 20+ on the road. I would like to see a Jeep Liberty remake with body on frame, diesel, and 6 speed manual... imho.