Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Cherokee for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Hemi JGC 4WD

helilog, 06/28/2012
Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned for 30,000 miles. Laredo X with V-8 Hemi. EPA accurately rated at 13/19 mpg. Using Plus or Premium fuel allows the engine to run in 4-cylinder mode more, giving another 1 or 2 mpg. Have had zero problems with my Jeep. I've experienced engine surging noted by others, is eliminated by a downshift: move the gearshift lever to the left. I've experienced the bad key fob noted by others. Pop out the start button, insert fob in the hole and use as a normal key for a day. This recharges the fob battery. Repeat every 2 weeks. Roomy back seat fits child seat and 2 average adults. Front seats (leather, electric) are good for all day. This is a very nice vehicle.

3.38 out of 5 stars

2011 JGC Key Fob Issues

csummers1, 06/11/2012
Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our new 2011 JGC in Oct 2011. The key fob is not recognized so it won't unlock or start. When you press unlock on the key fob, nothing happens. We tried using the hidden key inside the fob to unlock the door, but all that does is set off the alarm. The vehicle goes into security mode and there's nothing we can do until it's ready!!! Owner's manual says remove the start button and insert the key fob to start the vehicle and take it out of alarm mode, but that doesn't happen. It's locked down! It's been in the shop 3 Xs with no results. We think we have a lemon...still waiting to hear back from Chrysler. In the shop for 3 weeks now while we wait to see what Chrysler is going to do.

3 out of 5 stars

Stalling and turning off on it's own

Glennbob, 11/20/2017
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have 4 times in the past 5 months that the engine will and electrical will turn off without warning. Coming to a stop light, turning left on a roundabout, taking an exit on the right, making a right hand turn and the last one which scared me to the point of needing to sell it if Chrysler doesn't do something about this. I was making a left hand turn off a two lane hwy slowing down from 55 as I slowed down to make the turn across traffic with a car coming at 55 the car died. No power steering, brakes nothing, just as if you turned the car off. I was able to coast across the left hand lane but knew the driver has to slow down for me which I was happy to have happened as I couldn't do anything to get out of the cars way.

3.88 out of 5 stars

Disappointed

shan24, 09/07/2014
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 Hemi in Jan 2011. Started having problems after about 3 months with the gas tank sensor. Took the dealer 10 times to figure out it was the electrical sensor. At 25,000 miles I had no tread on my tires (I do mostly in town and highway driving, absolutely no off road) and had to replace all 4 tires. Now at 27,200 miles, my SUV is in the garage and won't start. It's completely frozen and every single warning light comes on. I'm waiting to have it towed to the dealer to be analyzed and fixed. It's very frustrating to have a relatively new vehicle and to have multiple problems before there's even 30,000 miles on it. Not sure I will buy jeep

3.25 out of 5 stars

Not all it's hyped up to be...JGC 2012 5.7L Overland 4x4

jreworld, 01/20/2013
Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my JGC over 2.5 years, and although I enjoy the vehicle most of the time, I cannot recommend it due to it's numerous issues. The front sway bar bushings wore out last month. How is this possible on a relatively new vehicle? This weekend my check engine light came on again and the MDS is not working. I had this happen two years ago, and the end result was a bad cylinder valve that left me without a car for several weeks. If it's the same issue again, I'm done. Going foreign again. I've had more issues with this car than my last 10 vehicles combined. I wanted so much for Jeep to succeed, but even if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Buyer beware.

12345...31