Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Cherokee for Sale
Select your model:
12345...32

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Grand cHEROkee

Mike, 05/15/2016
Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned. It has 145,000 miles and all I've ever had to do beside changing the oil, is put a new battery in it, tires f and r breaks and a rear main seal. Its not terrible for 10 y/o car that I have owned since new. It has been a good car and I would recommend to anyone. Besides who makes cast iron engines anymore????

3 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

Jeep Overland 5.7 Hemi

TBarnett, 05/03/2006
Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is a real fun driving experience. Every time I get in the vehicle and turn the key to start the car, a big smile comes across my face. Daimler Chrysler really hit a home run with this vehicle teamed with the HEMI engine. I had two Explorers and an Expedition before this. I had looked seriously at the new Hummer H3. But, when I drove the H3 and this Jeep, the choice was easy to go with the Jeep. It performs awesome with the HEMI engine and handles very well.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Love/Hate Relationship

harrison7, 09/13/2012
Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Jeep about a year and a half ago. Before that had a 1998 grand. It was such a great car. Got over 300k miles on it before someone totaled it. But My 2006 Jeep is a good car. I love the look of the car, the hard lines and the awesome grille. Fun to drive, and the seats are so comfortable. But I do have mixed feelings about the jeep. I have all sorts of electrical problems. My dash lights flash constantly and my NAV stopped working. Dealer said it was the body control module that needs to be replaced. ($1,200)!!! Makes a grinding noise when I turn sharp in the parking lot. Have no idea what that is. And the thirsty hemi puts a dent in my wallet every time I fill up.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great car so far

DINLONG, 10/15/2010
Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 06 HEMI now has just over 90k on it. Has had no real issues. My only complaint about the car would be the awful Goodyear tires Jeep decided to use. I recently swapped them out for Firestone Destination AT's - what a difference! I also installed Bilstein shocks and SRT front and rear sway bars. This Jeep will go through anything now, and is very controlled and comfortable doing it. People complain about gas mileage on the HEMIs - are you kidding me? Coming from a F150 with the 5.4 I am completely happy. The Jeep weighs about the same, has way more power, and is way more fun to drive, yet I get about 5 more MPG - what is there to complain about?

4.13 out of 5 stars

Rather pleased to date

kingofkings288, 05/29/2013
Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After the hurricane, I needed a ride, and fast, before the post-Sandy lemons flooded the market. I picked up this '06 Laredo with 58,000 mi, very clean except for a strange divot where the driver's right heel would rest. It starts every time I turn the key, and since the passenger window was serviced, every button and light works as advertised. It handles surprisingly well for a truck, and feels confident in the snow and rain. It doesn't accelerate much below 3,000 rpm, but after that it can take off. Maybe it's my driving profile, but the mileage is terrible. We'll see what summer brings, but the A/C should blow a tad colder, but that's a very minor complaint. On balance I'm pretty happy.

12345...32