2018 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Amazing gas mileage and performance
By Glenn Barclay

2018 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my new Jeep Compass. 35+ hwy and about 26 around town. Feels very solid and safe on road and off. 6 speed stick is easy and fun. Engine is why I went Jeep, amazing engine, Tigershark roacks, very smooth and quiet, shines down low, pull itself up mountain in Montana with ease. Seats are great.

Studder N Go
By Dan

2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When stop at traffic light or in stop and go traffic the engine shuts off! Even after several stops its not something I would want to get used to. Hesitation and interior AC is a concern during stops in traffic. Acceleration drags and for what this vehicle costs I would keep looking. Good comfort and style.

THE WORST!!!!!
By Sandy

2018 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I got this car at the end of May and now it is the beginning of August. First the Radio started to cut off for no reason. Then came all the other problems: Engine Check Light, Transmission Light, Car cutting itself on,etc. Please do yourself a favor and don't purchase this car. I'm going to get a Hyundai because I never ever had a problem with their cars.

Has the look but it ends there
By missmy09ram

2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been problematic since I started my lease. Had several white knuckle moments while driving caused by a faulty drivers door switch sending intermittent error signals to the ECU causing it to run, drive and shift erratically. Drivers door panel accidentally damaged while replacing that switch and after nearly 2 months of being on back order; the wrong one was sent. After nearly 3 months, the door panel has been finally replaced but it only makes the noises from all the other panels in the vehicle more pronounced. High beams flash nearly every time turning on the left turn signal but was told that it was operating as designed. Radio seizes multiple times nearly everyday. Auto-stop feature has a mind of its own by turning off not even half the time it should. Idles very rough occasionally especially after auto-stopping several times as if stalling. It is 2018 and it barely gets 22 miles to the gallon for fuel economy; seriously...my smaller engined, turbo-charged sports car gets better gas mileage using premium. The shifter can be easily knocked or bumped into manual. Everything being controlled by an digital display that seizes all the time makes you thank the engineer that put a voice command button because without it, you may as well not even have air conditioning. You can hear the front doors moving within the frames on the gaskets when driving as if the mounting is weak or insufficient. Carplay often stops music while driving and causes major distractions. The only thing that is consistently good about this Jeep is the dealership that services my Jeep staff.

Very unsatisified customer
By Tonia Reardon

2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my compass new may 3, 2018. This is July 25, 2018. 5 times I have gotten in my car, and it would not start!! The car acts like is on, but it is not. This will be my 3rd time having it back at the dealership. They keep telling me they can’t get a code to pop up on it!! The second time they had my car almost 3 weeks! This is ridiculous!!!!!!!! I will NEVER buy another Jeep! Very disappointed!!! I called Jeep directly and they basically blew my complaint off and told me that I would have to deal with dealership that sold me the car.