2018 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Compass Confusion
By Pat

2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

My personal experience; The day I drove the car off the dealers lot I got less than 3 miles down the road and got a check engine light. Immediately back to the dealer, got a loaner, service department couldn't pull a code so they reset it, (Loaner car for three days). Three months later U connect went haywire, no radio, phone, back up camera, navigation, USB ports all inoperative for 8 days until a fix was created. Three months after that instrument panel went haywire every warning light illuminated, odometer flashing, engine cutoff fails to operate, currently in service for two days with no diagnosis yet and the dealer has no loaners available and will not pay for a rental.

never again
By Mari

2018 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a brand new mind you 2018 in Feb, this car today has been in the shop 4 times. the auto shut off light comes on but the thing keep popping up is drive to safety engine will shut off soon. first time it happened had to miss a day of work and have it towed to the shop they kept it a day said it was fine brought it home here we are again same thing, again had it towed into the shop they kept it a week gave it back said it was fixed, third time i drove it to the shop as i was not waiting like last time 4 hours for their tow to pick it up again they said they fixed it, now here we are on # 4, I picked it up on a Friday, shut off light came on Monday back to the same issue. and they have had this car this time for almost 4 weeks. I have made two payments on a car i am not even driving half the time. I am currently working with Lemon Law laywer's to give this car back. Never again. I had a 2002 Mitubushi that I did not even buy new had it for 8 years and it was only on a two truck once. I thought I would get a new car since it has been a while for me, I should have kept my old car. no payments and was never in the shop this much.

so unhappy
By liz

2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

hi i got a compass about a month in half ago. i’ve had 4 different issues. i was wondering if anyone has had issues with
blind side monitoring
a/c being turned on and being full blast heat
rattle in the dash board ( passenger side )
driver side seat making a crackling noise like ur crumbling a bag together.

also wondering if anyone’s license plate vibrates due to not having screws on the bottom!

thanks so much.

i have limit edition 2018 white

Love compass trailhawk
By Charlie

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

No issues, acceleration is ok , but as bad as some claim it to be... especially if you slip it into triptronic, Tech is awesome. Ride is very good. Feels solid and is very capable for off reading. gas mileage not bad for 4 x 4, 9 speed transmission is smooth!! Beat s audio sounds great!!!

Biggest regret ever!!!! Dissapointed!!!
By Jesus V

2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ll start with the like, looks pretty nice exterior like a mini grand Cherokee and LED lights. Interior looks good in some areas like the panoramic roof but still a lot of plastic. Now for the bad, MPG is a joke I’m averaging 15 mpg driving as good for the speed limit and not accelerating hard or nothing and it still gives me that average. It’s a huge lie what they have down for this car making 22-31 mpg. Don’t know what is wrong with my car. Forward collision warning doesn’t even work and goes back to default setting every time car is turned off. Dealer says it has to be broken down more than 1000 miles I have. Lies. Could’ve gotten an Challenger R/T and make that mpg worth it but this car is a joke for $35,000 for the limited fully packed. Terrible