Used 2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Great old Barge
By Jeremy Bell

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle at 123k mi / 15 years old. Its come along way down the Depreciation Curve - from $85k to $6.5k It rides extremely well - its a large comfortable car. The trick (for me) is finding a good long-term previous owner ! Many of these are on a one-way trip to a 'Buy Here/Pay Here' lot... There's an Arab saying : When buying a Camel, look closer at the Seller than the Beast.

ABSOLUTELY "THE BOSS"
By WARREN STEINMAN

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased the almost Identical (2004 XJ8) car for my fiance. Market is still soft so I stole it for $2,900. It runs and looks as good as my first one. (Hers is white.)

Purchased 6 months ago with 160k now has 190k. It is smooth, comfortable, quick, agile, frugal (avg hwy 27mpg @75mph). I dropped in a new radio head unit with backup camera, nav, sirius, bluetooth etc. Now it has all the bells and whistles you can get from a newer version. Car looks like new, runs like new and the best part, including the new head unit, - $3950 on the used market. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. My Cadillac SLS was a not so close 2nd. (previous cars - 3 Mercedes, 3 Caddy's , Chrysler 300, Prius + many many more.) right now it is an excellent buyers market for one of the truly superb vehicles you could own and enjoy.

BEST VALUE in the WORLD !!!
By Anthony

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

SEXY + GORGEOUS + FAST + RELIBLE !!! NOTHING BETTER as far as VALUE and I have owned and driven EVERYTHING else !!! Anthony, Temecula, SoCal

Love It
By Bill

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed it for a year so far. It has been very reliable. It has surprised me on performance and fuel mileage. City about 17 and I made a trip from Atlanta to Birmingham last summer with the A/C on and got 29.3 mpg! On the trip computer B I keep up with the oil change, but it also shows MPG. On the first 5000 mile run it averaged 21.5. Not bad for a big car. It is not a slouch either. My previous car was a Chrysler 300C with the 5.7L HEMI. Look up the specs and compare, they are the same. You can feel it too. 0-60 in 6.3. Being an all aluminum car helps too. It only weighs 3750 lbs. 300 lbs lighter than the 300C. I'm on the look out for another one, but an '08 or '09 this time. The next generation up from my '05 XJ8-L has a few additional things that I would like. Like HID headlights, Bluetooth and factory satellite radio. I'll look for a Super 8, an R or Vanden Plas this time. The Supercharged version would be very nice. I hope the next one is as good as this one.

My favorite car EVER!!!
By Daniel Chao

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have the black on black xj8 L. I got some sexy 20 inch rims for it. Smoke the windows. My car is super sick. Everywhere I go everyone looks. I bought this car because of the price and what you get for it. People think you have to be a baller to drive this car. I did buy my car used with 80000 miles on it. But the conditions were immaculate. I am having some minor issues with the air suspension and I know the shocks on this car are very expensive. But I rather drive a Jaguar with this type of attitude than anything on the street for this year 2005. I have the nicest car on the block. I wish I could post a picture so you guys can see but unfortunately I can't. I highly recommend people who want this car to buy it in black or in white. Any other color will make the car look like any other car. Has to be black an exceptional white. I promise you that if you buy this car in black and smoke the windows you will be feeling like the boss of the road