Used 2015 INFINITI QX60 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

A TOP SUV CONTENDER !!!
By Roger R.

2015 INFINITI QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

i've been reading up extensively on this suv and it seemed a little too good to be true. But now that i am an owner, i am a believer !! A very well built vehicle all around. The exterior is stylish as well as the interior. Great ride quality !! Comes with 3rd row seat, which when folded down give more than adequate cargo space. Comes loaded with technology inside and out. From headlights, to sound system, to automatic open and lift trunk gate, to back up camera and blind spot warning technology. It all equals a great buy and great driver experience.

Best choice in this category!
By wgj

2015 INFINITI QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

If you want a roomy, stylish, reliable, comfortable luxury SUV then this should be strongly considered. When we compared the QX60 to everything else it was an easy decision. No other choice gave us all of the above at this price point - and the lease deal on the 2015 model, after negotiation, was very reasonable. While I'd still choose this car again, there are(and maybe have been already) needed improvements. The front seats seem too hard for long hauls and you feel it! There is a very suttle engine vibration which I noticed the 2016 model had improved engine mounts to address. Other than that it is mostly solid. You can get much better mileage by paying attention to the driving modes - sport for around town and climbing and standard or economy for cruising. This car will get up and go if you ask it so I disagree with the critics regarding sluggish acceleration. It handles very well considering the size with decent steering and braking. It is very quiet at speed and mostly a smooth ride. Had a 2012 FX35 prior and it was just way to stiff and uncomfortable for most driving conditions. The Qx60 is a much softer ride!

It's a people-hauler, not a sports car
By Neal

2015 INFINITI QX60 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used at 20k miles, now more like 50k (several long roadies this year with the kids, typically I drive more like 12k/yr). I've read about peoples' issues with the screen, seats, etc., but have not experienced any of that. I did a lot of comparison shopping before buying. I looked at the MDX (smaller, less cargo, feels cheaper inside to me - and, I don't care about a "sporty" crossover), the Q7 (also smaller feeling to me - I'm 6'3", 3 bills, picture your favorite NFL center, was a little nicer inside but also more $, and I read a by lot of poor reliability reviews on the Audi, so it was out), and the BMW X5 (smaller, just generically didn't like the way it looked or felt, again for more $). In the end, the Infiniti was larger, smoother, more comfortable (my family of four has done 15 hours of roadie in it with our gear, and it was a breeze, very comfortable), well appointed (although I'm still figuring out the need to adjust the angle of the headlights, that seems a little bit overkill), gas mileage is decent (I tend towards ~19 in town/commuting, more like ~29-30 on the highway), and I do wish Nissan would get their tech act together, but that's not a show-stopper for me. So in the end it's a very competent people-hauler, feels good, looks good, plenty of room, and in this bracket of vehicle it was by comparison cheap. I would acknowledge that I haven't experienced any of the electrical or build problems you may see in other reviews, though - if I had, I might not be so happy.

I actually drive it
By Yomomu

2015 INFINITI QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have read that others have issues with the seating. I've read that the CVT is an acquired taste. I've read that others get lousy fuel mileage. I've read the car is sluggish. Not sure of any of that. I think the seating is comfortable, maybe the head rests could tilt backwards a bit more. I have NO issues with the CVT. Unlike some of the newer cars with 8-9 gears, the CVT "shifts" (fake) very comfortably and it is very, very smooth. I get mid 20's gas mileage on regular fuel on the highway, better than my M and better than my Hyundai Santa Fe. I don't think the car is sluggish at all, I've had plenty of passing power and it is very responsive in Sport mode if that is what you are looking for. What I think this car does best is act like a relatively large SUV from a functional perspective yet performs well enough to be your daily driver without getting bored. Stereo is good, not as good as my M but decent enough for an SUV. Interior is really nice. It is an absolute joy in snow and ice, better than my old Mitsubishi Montero, and that's saying something. I really like the heated steering wheel - weird, I didn't even thing about that when I bought it. No issues with reliability at 20K miles, though that's not many miles, still no maintenance issues except scheduled. I've had several Infiniti's - none of them have had reliability issues. I don't really expect any in this vehicle. I've got one rattle in the passenger door that goes away when the car heats up. For a big car, very solid. Test drove MDX, Pilot, Highlander, Enclave. This car was the highest price but was on par with others on lease. Would have considered the Highlander if it had a little more panache. MDX nice but not as functional and new tranny was abrupt. Couldn't get used the not having something to lean my arm on in the Pilot and the radio kept going in and out on the test drive. No way on the Enclave - its a minivan and a drone to drive though the interior is nice. I say buy it, you won't regret it. Both my wife and I enjoy driving the Q, my wife maybe a little more than even me.

Great people hauler . . .grandPa
By JOBA HAUL

2015 INFINITI QX60 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a 08 M35x for this because I needed something with more cargo space but not necessarily a reduction on pony power. Overall it is a good hauler and an upgrade for Boston roads but the CVT is an acquired taste. I am still wondering if I made the right choice with this rig, but other than a refined transmission and a few more horses underhood perhaps, I'd be happy to do it all over again..