2017 INFINITI Q60 Coupe Red Sport 400 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 INFINITI Q60 Coupe Red Sport 400 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q60 model:

Electronic steering is great!
By John

2017 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400 Red Sport 400 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I have read a lot of reviews bashing the electronic steering. Unless you have a stage coach, having a feel for every pebble on the road an be cumbersome, on long trips. The Q60 is a Grand Touring style coupe. It gives comfort and performance in one package. I have leased the 2017 and 2018 red sport models. The first a rwd and the second awd. The Bose sound system is great. The collision avoidance works very well, and the pro pilot assist greatly reduces fatigue on long road trips. Whenever I drive a car without the electronic steering it feel very tedious to drive. I suppose those that don't like it or compare it to a playstation or xbox, just haven't had enough time behind the wheel of a Q60 to realize that it is a good thing. The acceleration in this car is very very nice. It is a beautiful car that brings admirers everytime I go anywhere. Mercedes style looks boring, Volkswagon interiors are cheap and BMW doesn't bring the bang for the buck. Hands down the Infinity Q60 is a worthy successor of the G35 and G37 of yore. This car drives at 160mph as smooth as 20mph. Anyone looking for road feel should drive a hydraulically assisted steering vehicle on gravel roads. I like my drive smooth as possible without having to fight the steering wheel. Way to go Infinity!

Buy it.
By TJ Saye

Listen, I realize there are a lot of good options in this price range. I know because I've owned most of them. I've been driving the Red Sport now for just under a year... and I'm very, very pleased with the purchase. It's a beautiful car. Inside and out. Fun to drive. Fast enough. In general terms, there aren't many on the road here in Chicagoland... so it gets a ton of looks and comments. I also splurged for the lit front logo, which really pops the car at night. Very sharp. The other thing that separated this vehicles from similar options was the AWD. It handles like gem in poor conditions. Sure, sharp turns on a road with four inches of snow is going to create some sliding (like yesterday with my wife yelling at me) but all in all, it handles very well in bad conditions. I have a steep driveway which looks menacing in snow... and it conquers it like a Jeep during each snow storm. Heck, I pass Jeeps in the snow in this car. So, no problems or worries in bad weather. Yes, there are some imperfections. There's some repetitiveness with controls. Also, while the car does have a backup camera, there's no sensor. Since the vehicle is a sports car... there are times when it's difficult to see what's behind you... and without the sensor... near impossible if another car or person is rolling through a parking lot behind you. One more thing, the car is really beautiful, however, I think they should have added a few more external design options to clearly differentiate it as a Red Sport. At first glance, it really looks the same as other Q60's--and it's not. That's pretty much it. I love the car and would highly recommend it to anyone interested.

dual screen blackouts
By benjamin

electronics in this car are very bad, turning off and on ,distracting you when driving . you can't enjoy what you pay for.infinity isn't willing to help, they enjoy your money ,but you? what about you and me . we take a big loss.

Comparison: 3.7 VQ, 3.0tt, 3.0tt Red Sport
By Dan

This review is for the Red Sport AWD Q60. I test drove the 300 hp version (for a week) and I decided to buy the 400 hp version. The 300 hp VR feels similar to the 3.7 VQ engine in overall power (I had a 2014 Q50); with more low end torque on the VR that runs out of juice at around 4.5K, while the naturally aspirated VQ is still going strong to 6.5K. The VR will be quicker off the line, and will feel faster when driving around town. The Red Sport version, on the other hand, is an entirely different animal. Much quicker from stop and awesome when needing to quickly merge with oncoming traffic on highway ramps in Chicagoland. There is a slight turbo lag right off the line and the transmission can be slightly sluggish when shifting in lower gears. Using the paddle shifters make this issue much worse, so I'd just keep the car in automatic and in Sport + mode for the quickest shifting. The only way that you even notice any of this is because the VR engine in the Red Sport is so much quicker off the line than the older VQ engine; which had the same 7 speed auto transmission. I would make three suggestions with regards to choosing options for the Q60. First, you'll want blind spot monitors and driver assistance features; as it is saved me MANY times from changing lanes into a car that was riding behind me in my blind spot. The Q50's visibility was fine without this feature, but the more sexy Q60 profile has one major limitation; massive rear quarter blind spots. Also, the around view monitor allows you to park this car effortlessly, without curbing your wheels. Second, if you enjoy performance oriented driving, I'd skip the Direct Adaptive Steering. Version 2.0 is better, but it still needs further refinement. The standard electric steering is quite good; much better than the older VQs hydraulic rack. Most reviews of this car that complain about the Q60s steering have a fully loaded Q60; with the DAS option. What a shame, as the standard rack is excellent. The only trade off is that you do loose some additional features that are packaged with DAS (adaptive cruse control, lane keeping, etc.). However, Infiniti still gives you 2 settings for the electric steering; standard and sport, which is great and fine for most people. Third, please consider changing out those horrible run flat OEM tires! The handling, ride quality, steering, and braking all improve significantly. A tire change completely transforms this car. You have no idea how well this car can perform with better tires. The Run Flats on the Red Sport can kick the back end out of the car when you take a sharp turn and it will hydroplane in heavy rain. I wouldn't even attempt to use these in the snow. Cornering also feels unstable with stock tires and the steering is way too heavy. Did I mention that the ride is brutal with the Run Flats, even in the "comfort" mode? Before I changed the tires, I considered returning the Q60 due to the very harsh ride quality. This would have been a huge mistake! As with the DAS optioned on almost all test cars, all reviews that I've read that complain about both the handling and the ride quality... are also using the OEM Run Flats. (Continental DWS 06s go very well with this model). Also, I must say that I am happy the the gas millage. I average 23 mpg with mixed highway / city driving. I got 21 mpg with the 3.7 VQ. Mileage actually improved with the addition of 72 hp! Thanks twin turbos and better cooling. Lastly, if you shop around you can get some really great deals on this car. (A well-optioned Q60 Red Sport AWD can be had for the mid-50Ks). Cross shopping, I felt that I would probably need to jump to around 80k+ to improve on this car's performance. Even then, you may not be able to match the Q60's good looks. Yes, I'm looking at you Lexus LC! Oh, one last comment, the sport seats in the Q60 are amazingly comfortable compared to my older Q50s, and even the current Q50s, seats. No back problems at all on a 750 mile one-day drive!

Not Worth the Money
By glenn

This is not a high end car-- workmanship is substandard and of cheap quality. It's appalling that Infinity could turn out such a sloppy product. Might look flashy but is rather ordinary and not superior to a Honda or Nissan. Lots of sleek technology but it's not useful. Car feels too big and gas mileage is terrible. Dealership in Bayside Queens is the worst: too busy with too many people around with no identifiable responsibilities. They will not call back or follow through with any of your problems. Car was released not detailed properly with several obvious flaws and not that clean. Happy to take your money and then they're done with you.