Used 2013 INFINITI JX Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 INFINITI JX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:

Great Value, hard to beat
By Adam stein

2013 INFINITI JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought used with 30k miles. Now we have 80k trouble free miles. We bought fully loaded including TVs for the kids. Upgraded to this when we had twins from EX35.
Did the whole Acura MDX, Infiniti JX35 comparison. We needed something with 3 rows in case grandparents came along and we needed plenty of space for the twins stuff. My wife didn’t feel comfortable driving something as large as a Tahoe/Yukon and Lexus only offered 3 rows on a truck based platform with a stupidly designed 3rd row that flipped up to the side and chewed up valuable cargo space.
After test driving both Acura and Infiniti we realized the Infiniti is significantly larger, offered a nicer cabin (in our opinion) and rode more comfortably.
4 years and nearly 50k miles later, we are just as happy as when we first bought it. No major mechanical issues. Reliability has been top notch, although I understand that reliability has not been Infiniti’s strong suit as of late, we have been lucky on our JX. The interior has held up extremely well considering my twins have given it all they’ve got.
Now we’ve just added a 3rd kid and with 3 kids in car seats, we need to upgrade in size. Having to utilize the 3rd row for a car seat crushes car or capacity. I had to rent a suburban to take the family on a week long road trip.
Pros: reliability, looks, interior design, navigation and electronics, cargo capacity (3rd row folded), ride

Cons: underpowered and fuel economy is atrocious. Averaging 15.2 mpg over 50k miles. CVT transmission is so -so and completely not necessary if mileage is that bad.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with 2 young kids.

2013 Infiniti JX35 Review - 85K Miles logged
By AZ Jon

2013 INFINITI JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought brand new and a short review after owning for 85K miles. Major mechanical items (engine, transmission, etc.) have been reliable. As others have noted, the transmission is sluggish/underpowered, constant issue/recalls with passenger side airbag, and the gas mileage is horrible - we average about 17 MPG in the city and 19/20 highway. Key concerns: 1. Replaced battery 4 times in 5 years with terminals connectors having been replaced twice, 2. Door mouldings routinely come apart making car noisy with lots of squeaks, 3. Driver and passenger visors repeatedly break ($200 each to replace at dealer) due to cheap parts, 4. Tiny driver kickplate led to hole in interior floor carpet and the dealer wanted $1,100 to repair, 5. Brakes have short lifespan 25k to 30k and need replaced; dealer quotes $375 for front pads - outrageous. 6. Terrible dealer support/lack of warranty support - Infiniti of Scottsdale, AZ is the worst. The service "advisors" almost appeared to be gleeful as they told us repeatedly that another issue with the vehicle was not covered under warranty during the supposed 4 year/60K warranty period. All said, this is truly not a luxury vehicle - just buy the Pathfinder and save $10k-$15K. Or, if you truly want a reliable "luxury" vehicle go with Lexus or maybe Acura. NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE INFINITI JX35.

Sexy, but uncomfortable.
By Sad momma

2013 INFINITI JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is a beauty. It almost seriously drives itself. However, the seats are so uncomfortable that I won't be keeping it. The position options are many, I thought I could make this work. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a right "fit" for me. I'm 5'10 average build...and disappointed.

Great luxury SUV
By Christine

2013 INFINITI JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had my heart set on the Acura MDX, but found this just as nice for about $8,000 less.

Pretends to be a luxury SUV but doesn't deliver
By George Milev

2013 INFINITI JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the Infinity JX35 in 2013 brand new. The car has had 4 recalls already (took 3 tries to fix one of those - passenger's air bag module). It's a gas guzzler in city driving. The CV transmission is non-responsive and sluggish. The supposed All Wheel drive is fake. It's a two wheel drive on the 4WD model with an option to activate the 4WD in a snow mode drive only. And then the rear wheels operate only at 50%. The radiator fan motor went out at 34K miles, but somehow the warranty doesn't cover it and the dealership is charging me $1,300 for the repair. When you buy a car for $50K, you'd expect for the car not to start falling you at 34K miles. Engine began overheating because of the broken fan motor. It's comfy inside and the 3rd row seat (which is for kids or dogs only) ocasionally comes handy, but that's the only good thing I can say about it. Nissan, which makes the Infinity, has a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on a truck/van (the NV 200). Makes me wonder why they don’t have the same warranty for a “luxury” SUV