Used 2013 INFINITI JX Consumer Reviews

Used JX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Positive First Impressions with the JX

rtmoorewy, 04/20/2012

I just picked up my new JX this week and my initial impressions are very favorable. My JX is the Emerald Graphite AWD with the premium package. This is my second Infiniti (2007 FX35). The fit and finish is impeccable. The emerald paint is a deep metallic rich, subtly changing hue in different lights. The java interior is beautiful, as well as very comfortable. There is plenty of interior room, including headroom. 3rd row seat is low, but roomy. The floor is level throughout, and plenty of visibility all around. The controls are well placed. This car is clearly designed for quiet and comfort. By design, it does not have the same performance & handling of other Infinitis. But, loads of tech!

Living with the JX

2002blksle, 11/28/2012

Traded an 08 CX-9 for the JX. The Mazda handled much better but the JX feels more refined. I also have a G35 and the JX is far from handling expectations for Infiniti which is becoming more disappointing after living with the car. It is quiet, I do like the CVT especially after 3500RPM, milage is good, lots of great tech, and great entry to 3rd row without massive rear doors. Build quality has not been great. In 2 months, had multiple rattles, had loose trim, and now the HVAC fan is making noise. Overall I give it a B. Not sure i would do it again now that the honeymoon period is wearing off. Bottom line-- test drive it multiple times before signing the papers.

what a mistake

krasinski, 12/16/2014

We bought this car new, and finally traded it in at 18 months of continuous warranty issues. Our vehicle spent over two months in the service department for miscellaneous issues. They were not major mechanical problems, but more trim and interior build issues. Called to try and exchange on Lemon law, but was denied and told that there is a warranty on the vehicle for these types of issues. We really liked the safety features, but the loaners don't always have them and we spent just too much time in service. List on this vehicle was 57,000, trade in $35,000. We were happy to get rid of the vehicle and promise to never buy an Infiniti again.

The Infiniti JX35 is CRAPTASTIC

RobK, 07/11/2016
JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Multiple issues w/ front passenger side airbag sensors not working correctly. The airbag would turn off while someone was seated in it. The Infiniti dealer in Fresno wasn't able to fix it, they gave us multiple excuses from "it's working as designed" to "your not sitting in it correctly". What a crock!! The transmission failed at 59K miles which was covered under warranty although the new transmission only came with a 12K mile warranty. The wipers would come on whenever the felt like it. The weather stripping for the rear doors would regularly fall off. What topped it all off was the service advisor recommending that we not keep the car past 100K miles! The advisor told my wife that he had looked into buying a JX35 for his wife but opted to buy a Honda due to reliability issues. So last Saturday (7/9/16), was my second best day of JX35 ownership, I sold it! I will never own another Infiniti product ever!

CVT Transmission issue

goshin, 04/20/2014

I love my 2013 except for the CVT transmission issues I've been having ever since I picked up my car. It "shuttered" from the first month, through and into the 10 month. My local Infinity dealer finally had a tech ride with me and he felt the significant "shuttering" that I experienced. The dealer was very good about trying to help and even replaced the transmission, per their Infinity service people. But still it persists. I'm done with it. Too bad too - nice car.

12345...13