2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

2nd Veloster
By Deathsykle

2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I am sorry for the haters when I read the reviews out there... They are comparing apples to oranges. With all the mods out there and there is even a Hyundai Performance parts the car can be setup to run pretty well. I am a happy so far with my second Veloster..

Diamond in the world
By Jimbo

Brought this jewel home with 6 miles on the odometer! And can tell you its a true elite white diamond turbo so far!! Have almost 3500 miles on it already in 3 months already 2 road trips ! I to Sedona Arizona and its fast, quick, sporty enough handling, comfortable and does get a few looks!! Yes some nits are the transmission seems slow to respond probably my biggest gripe but its good on gas.the interior plastics on doors scratch easily. And visibility can be a hidden problem!! But hay for the money 24000 with rebates and fully loaded with the panoramic moonroof!!! I can hang with this diamond!!! Till next review enjoy!!! Im sold so far on the veloster turbo!!!

FANTASTIC car!!
By Jill

2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I was shopping for another Mazda. I had a Mazda Protege' for 15 years and she was a wonderful car! The orange Veloster caught my eye! I have had so so many complements on it. Driving it is so fun and it has a lot of get up and go! I had a hard time letting my Mazda go but it took a special car like the Veloster to finally get a new one. I have not driven it in the snow so I do not know how it handles. I do not know much about cars but I would not trade my Veloster for the world!!

A great car at a great price.
By Bruce Hinman

2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Orange Interior Accent (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I looked at a lot of cars on the internet and read many reviews. The car I selected was the Hyundai Voloster, the price and the quality of the car is the reason. Got a great deal on 2016 close out, a vitamin c color turbo. The car sounds great on start up, I like a little noise from the pipes. The engine is smooth, the transmission takes some getting use to. The salesman said to help with the turbo. Took a trip at about 400 miles and was getting 39.6 mpg on highway. I really like the car, it does have some blind spots. But mirror adjustment solved that.

my kind of car
By Everette Cyr

2016 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a drivers car. It has a good weight to horse power ratio. It handles superbly. It is not over powered and it gets decent gas mileage. It is 4 passenger vehicle when needed. More suited for 2 passengers with plenty of cargo space for 2. I have taken one of these on a 400 + mile trip. It is very comfortable and road worthy on all highway conditions, the wind does not blow it around like other small cars I have driven. The Huyndai is noted for its reliability and I am planning on having this auto for many years. 26