2017 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Trans shifting pooblem and Electrical
By G Phan

2017 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Have been to the dealer within the first two week to complain about shifting. Go to the national safety review saction and do a little reading. Do not buy this car. Electrical cut out on us at night on major highway. Almost got killed.

Dangerous don't buy!!!!
By jag1072

2017 Hyundai Tucson Eco 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

My Tuscon has been nothing short of a nightmare. From day one it has shifted very very rough, almost stalls out in traffic, and fails to accelerate from a stop. I have almost been hit 3 times due to these malfunctions. All of these are due to a design flaw in the dual clutch system. Hyundai even has a recall TSB (technical service bulletin) out to all of it's dealers regarding these safety issues, yet they deny it. But their service managers freely acknowledge all of these problems the 4 times I have taken it in for them. They say they hear these same complaints over and over again about the Tuscon. If you Google search Hyundai Tuscon diual clutch problems, you will find thousands of the same complaints. They refuse to replace my Tuscon for a properly functioning vehicle nor will they refund my money for what is obviously a dangerous vehicle to be in according to their own tsb. Hyundai obviously values the bottom line more than lives. They certainly don't stand by their product or have satisfied customers. Don't trust Hyundai or it's vehicles!!!!

Sorry Hyundai This is the last one!!
By Patricia Garrity

2017 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my 3rd Hyundai. XG300 - Loved it - 2004 Santa Fe - Loved it - 2017 Tucson - Hate it!! There are many things that I don't like but the main one is the DCT transmission (Dual Clutch Transmission). It jerks every time you accelerate. I have talked to service reps about this and they just say that's the way they are making them now. It holds back on acceleration at higher speeds. If I go from braking to accelerating the car hesitates before accelerating. I was told this is the computer "it gets confused" when you brake and accelerate to quickly. It nearly go me broadsided due to the fact I had to stop short from getting hit in a circle and it would not move right away after that. I floored it and it still didn't move. I not only could have gotten broadsided but I could have been rear-ended or worse. I guess the computer was confused!! I don't want a computer having control of driving my car. The wheels lock up every time I hit the brake on a wet road - not snowy or icy - wet. I have skidded through stop signs on occasion because the wheels lock up. The headlights aren't bright enough. There are no fog lights. The inside of the windshield fogs up all the time, also the side windows fog up. The outside mirrors never clear. The air flow inside the car changes all by itself. I put it on inside air and it changes back to outside air. Any questions??

2017 Hyundai Tucson
By joe

2017 Hyundai Tucson SE Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2017 Tucson and realized I had made a big mistake. I almost got killed by pulling out on to traffic the acceleration wasn't there my gas pedal went to the floor and it lagged so bad I traded it in with 10.000 miles on it who ever invented the dual clutch should be fired immediately its not a safe car. buyers beware!!

acceleration
By john right

2017 Hyundai Tucson SE Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

worse crossover I have ever owned! I traded it in within the same year I purchased it 2017. I literally had to wait to make sure both lanes were clear before entering traffic my gas peddle hit the floor with no acceleration what so ever! I owned a Tuscan plus AWD 2017 the engine is a 2.0L and a 7 speed transmission which is terrible!