Used 2017 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

Used Tucson for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Love my Tuscon

mary, 02/06/2018
Sport 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have really enjoyed driving my Tucson. Everything's working well and no further issues since it required a new engine (covered under warranty) a few months old. Later a small problem with the turbo; only a loose connection. Gave me a scare, tho, because the vehicle had very little power and i had to floor it to get it to accelerate. No more issues (knock on wood).

New owner - one week review

blues9366@gmail.com, 04/03/2017
SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

First off, this is a STRIPPER model. No frills, base model with very few options. BUT.... what all do you need? Power windows and locks? check. Cruise? check. AC? check. Audio system? check. What else do you really need? I'm 50 and can remember when all the above was OPTIONAL stuff. Coming from different vehicles, I can say this vehicle works. It isn't super fast. It's a Crossover. Do I really need to sub 6 second 0 - 60 times? No. The audio is simple to use. It even has a TUNING knob. Does it have nav? Nope. but that's a hassle anymore if you have a smart phone. Google Maps is always updated. The Tucson is showing 27 mpg after the first week. Pretty good I think. Not the best, not the worst. And we live in hilly area at base of mountains, so 27 is pretty good in mixed driving. I do miss the power seats of my previous vehicles. Especially as my wife & I change drivers. The seat is not the most comfortable, but hoping as it wears in, will be less aggravation. It's good looking, practical transportation. No more, no less.

We Love Our Tucson Sport

TSALE/CHICAGO, 08/01/2017
Sport 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

We bought a 2017 Tucson Sport for our retirement. We recently drove it from Chicago to Florida and back, racking up approximately 4K miles over two months. Our Tucson performed flawlessly. It ran all day at 70+ MPH while staying steady and quiet. The turbo produces plenty of power for climbing hills, merging, and passing at highway speeds. While it's not a sports car it handled the twists and turns quite capably. The automatic lift gate is a wonderful convenience. And the blind spot monitoring is a lifesaver, especially in Chicago traffic. Overall we would enthusiastically recommend the Tucson Sport to anyone considering a compact SUV.

I want to love my new Tucson, but...

Dave Jensen, 05/28/2018
Value 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I bought my first Hyundai in 2002. It was the first generation Santa Fe and I loved it. As the first of five Hyundai’s since then, it made me a believer in the Hyundai brand. I have owned all three models of the Santa Fe Sport and two of the three models of Tucson. In October of 2017 I leased a 2017 Tucson value package edition. It seemed to be the perfect combination of features, having everything I needed and nothing I didn’t. I gave up leather (nice but not necessary) and navigation (it’s free on my phone) in exchange for a panoramic roof and a power lift gate. It also has cross-traffic detection, blind-spot detection, and dual climate control. (More about that later.) The ride quality of the Tucson is firm but compliant. It handles all but the most serious of bumps with finesse, and the steering is quick and responsive. As for road noise, it could be quieter. Doors seal tightly with a nice, firm shunk. Upholstery is high-quality fabric with even stitching and stain-resistant properties, but that’s where it ends. The very basic dashboard design is plain and uninspired. There are no wood grain or carbon fiber accents here, no fabric on the doors, and far too many hard surfaces overall. If you’re looking for luxurious appointments, look elsewhere. Despite its deficiencies in the luxury arena, the new Tucson outshines its overly-ubiquitous competitors with a handsome exterior. The Tucson’s panoramic roof provides a brightly lit cabin, although I would be content with a standard panel sunroof over the front seat, especially since the panoramic roof is going to rain down a large quantity of glass fragments on all occupants in the event of a crash. It also makes interesting pinging noises, especially in cold weather. The fresh air return is an enigma. A sensor in the climate control system decides when air in the cabin becomes “stale” and automatically brings in outside air. You may be driving through a forest fire, but once it’s in fresh air mode, the system will not return to recirculate mode on its own. The frustrating part is that you can’t always manually return to recirculate mode until the system says it’s okay. This may involve rolling down a window and letting even more bad air into the car. It’s bad enough to have to press recirculate every few minutes, but it’s a real pain when the car won’t let you. Is there a fix for this thing? All my previous Hyundai’s remained in accessory mode after shutting off the engine, allowing the driver to listen to music or complete a phone call without the engine running. But when you shut off the Tucson’s engine, everything shuts off, forcing the driver to idle the car in order to finish a Bluetooth call or hear the end of a song. Why? To the best of my knowledge, no other Hyundai models do this. And now for the biggie: The Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT). What can I say? This is essentially a manual transmission due to its lack of a torque converter, but instead of being manually shifted by the driver, gearing is decided by the computer. This works fine in most situations, but depending on conditions and terrain, shifting can be jerky and unpredictable. Even my salesman tried to warn me against the DTC and I should have listened. Overall, it isn’t as bad as some reviewers make it sound, but it does take some getting used to. Don't get me wrong; the car runs great. It's peppy, corners well, and is fun to drive. The issues I’ve had with my Tucson are mostly cosmetic, but are certainly not acceptable in a new vehicle. They pertain mostly to fit and finish problems and a lack of attention to detail. Misaligned body panels, broken clips in the headliner, a gap in the dashboard, and unusual noises emanating from the back end were annoying to say the least. Most of them have been addressed after repeated trips to the dealer, but it's disappointing just the same. Perhaps I got the last Tucson built on a Friday at closing time. Regardless, I wanted to love this vehicle, but I only like it, and I'll consider other brands when my lease expires.

Replaced Trent @ 5000 mi

Shawn, 06/15/2017
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

2016 Tucson had 41,000 recalls due to transmission issues. It was a software fix. I took my 2017 sport in to dealer a few times (dealer very helpful) for slow or no acceleration & rattling sound in engine. They determined new transmission was needed (@5,500 mi). I have a loner provided by dealer. I hope the new trany solves issues? I like my car, very pleased in general. Fingers crossed. 1 year later: I really like the tucson sport. But I am still having on going issues such as: unreliable acceleration, engine makes a WHIRRING sound. I have 11,000 miles now and would not drive a long distance, as I feel car is unreliable.

12345...17