Used 2015 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

seized engine
By Martha Davis

2015 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am 62 yrs old. My husband and I have driven lots of different cars and trucks. We drive them for lots of years. We have only bought one truck new. The 2015 Hyundai Tucson is the first car we have driven that has had the engine seize. We take care of our vehicles with oil changes, fluid checks, and regular maintenance check ups. We work with a local mechanic. Very disappointed with the service we received from our local Hyundai dealer with the problem of the engine seizing up. Hyundai has had problems with engines. Not worth the hassle of dealing with a manufacturing problem. We buy Dodge Ram trucks because Dodge stands behind their vehicles. Hyundai does not.

What prompted this review?
By B B

2015 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my car brand new off the lot in Feb 2015 - It's been in the shop 7, yes, 7 different times in 3 1/2 years! Some of the issues were technician related, other were not. I'm now looking for another new car when my plan was to have this new car paid off and reliable until my children graduated high school. Back to the drawing board. It has made knocking noises, grinding noises, rattling noises and of course every time I take it in I get told that's normal! I'm not stupid. Finally, it was found that I had an oil leak and the oil was disappearing! Took it back 2 or 3 times to have that fixed. Had the brakes replaced, had to take it in 3 or 4 times until that was done right, now, I need a complete engine overhaul! On a three year old, one owner car! Thank goodness my powertrain warranty is covering everything but now I do not feel safe with this car.

By Sanguan Roongphornchai

2015 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a brand new Hyudai Tucson 2015 back in June. In January 2018 with mileage 16,580 Cust stated Muffler Fell off. Fortunately no accident.

great value for what I paid
By Annemarie Fowlkes

2015 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The best thing that I did was to shop online. The vehicle was available, the mileage confirmed, and the color confirmed. When I went to the dealer to test drive the car it was waiting for me with my name on it.

Three Year Review: So Far So Good
By Prometheus Blackwater

2015 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

28-35mpg highway... 33-35mpg at 60 mph 28-31mpg at 75+mph. I regularly drive across the country and it is a good ride. I would like more flexibility with armrests but a pillow gets the job done when spending more than 12-15 hours at a time driving. No repairs needed but I will need better all-season tires if I spend time in the snow. Bluetooth and heated seats are great.