Used 2015 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

2015 Hyundai Tucson

Pros
Cons

Piece of Crap

Lydia, 01/14/2016
GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for 4 months and it's crapped out on us twice. Both times were electronic related. For some reason Hyundai can't get the electrical right on this thing. The first time anything happened was when we tried to go somewhere and the car wouldn't start. Nobody could start it, so we got it towed back to the dealership and finally someone fixed it. Two months later, the car started knocking. I went back to the dealership and they told us it had to do with the heating and air conditioning system on it. Now, I'm just trying for the lemon law, so I can get my money back and buy another car that hopefully works better. In short, I wouldn't recommend wasting your money, the dealership is selling it for cheap for a reason.

Best Car I've owned since my 72 cutlass supreme!

Rick Barry, 06/14/2017
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun comfortable car that goes through anything a New England winter can throw at it. Looks great, drives great and gets better than rated gas mileage and I drive a car hard. The bluetooth phone interface sucks, but that is the only bad thing I can say. I've put over 35,000 miles on the car and it still drives and rides like a new car. The dealer can make all the difference. The one I bought the car at is great for service etc., but one that is closer to where I work, really stinks. I plan to keep this car for a long time, that is if I can get it away from my girlfriend! Update June 2018. Still love this car but be warned, do not put Hanook tires on it. They don’t make them to spec and it messes with the traction control computer. Replaced them with Generals and the car feels like new! I’ve had to do the front brakes but that is about it. Update Dec. 2018. Hyundai really does honor their warranty, even provided a free loaner car because they didn’t have the part in house. First time I’ve had to have warranty work done (54000) and the service was great. Update Jan 2020: now with 80k miles and not a single issue since the last warranty repair. Other then regular maintenance, I’ve not had to put a cent into this car. Still gets great mileage and handles very well. Everything is holding up very well. I plan to keep this car indefinitely!

Not what was advertised

rschleicher, 09/21/2015
SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Make sure the dealer is reputable and will stand behind the car. I had to take it back to the dealer twice in the first week that owned it. A wire harness was not connected (the first time) the gas gage did not not work (the second trip). The dealer said "these things happen" I asked them where was the product control. They had no answer. The mpg is much lower than what Hyundai advertises. Of course their response is "it depends on how you drive". The cabin get very warm in the summer. All things considered I would not buy another Hyundai.

Three Year Review: So Far So Good

Prometheus Blackwater, 11/25/2017
SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

28-35mpg highway... 33-35mpg at 60 mph 28-31mpg at 75+mph. I regularly drive across the country and it is a good ride. I would like more flexibility with armrests but a pillow gets the job done when spending more than 12-15 hours at a time driving. No repairs needed but I will need better all-season tires if I spend time in the snow. Bluetooth and heated seats are great.

This review may save your life!

Maricel, 04/18/2016
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a brand new car, SUV Hyundai Tucson 2015, back in November. I' ve to admit that the attracting five years warranty offered by dealer, and the pretty look of the model was a great influence in my decision to go ahead and pay catch for the car. BUT, after ONLY 5 months of driving the car, it needed to be taken to the service center for a couple of issues. I am not describing the firs issue because is not a life threatening matter, because the second incidence is the one that is very serious. Last Sunday when I was on my way to the Church, the car's tailpipe felt down, the complete gasket exhaust pipe felt on the ground, not only the sound was horrible and the experience very scary, but what if the tailpipe would it felt in the middle of the Expressway? After, receiving more than five phone calls from the road service asking what's was wrong with the car, the vehicle was towed to the service center. The car's warranty covered the massive repaired of the entire muffler piece, but the safety question is still in the air, not body in the dealer gave me any better option, the manager never returned my calls, and the sell person didn't give me a better option to either -trade in the car or to go and apply for the lemon law. To make the long story short, I'm very unhappy with the car, not feeling secure while driving with my five years old inside. Please, if you are planning to buy a Hyundai, think twice and read reviews on all the muffler problems.