Used 2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Nice little vehicle for retiree
By David Morgan

2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The seats are pretty hard. The back worse than the front. Wouldn't want to ride in the back seat for a road trip. Great little grocery getter.

Hyundai owner for life
By Nikki

2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has converted me solely to Hyundai. It's amazing, great gas mileage, I average 28mpg combined. I can't imagine the reviewers saying that it doesn't have get up and go, it does, I fly onto the highway. The car has every feature and then some, great handling. I have fit a wingback chair and a recliner in the back, at the same time, with the seats down- no problem. Excellent car!!

Look around before you buy
By deputy320

2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We are in our late 60's and wanted a small suv. Mileage is nowhere close to what is advertised about 21MPG. It is underpowered to the point of being dangerous. If you are driving in any kind of wind, HANG ON TO THE WHEEL! Maybe after someone is killed in one of these Hyundai might listen. This is the worst car I have ever owned and I have owned plenty in my lifetime

Nothing I can think of

Can't make suggestions in less than 700 characters

Traveling in a Tucson
By melanie

2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car last November. I researched a lot of SUV's before deciding on this one. I am also a previous Hyundai owner.
This SUV rides very smooth and is comfortable for long road trips. The interior looks sharp as well as the outside. The two things that it is missing is a latch for the trunk on the inside (it's opened only from the outside) and there are not any lights in the mirrors in the sun visors. I find that to be odd. Every vehicle should have it. The gas is not as good as they report it to be. I have never reached the 29 mpg. The best highway miles I have received was 25.8. The best city miles I have received is 24.6.
Overall, it still has better gas mileage than most..... Now 2 yrs later. The quality of the material on the seats are terrible. By looking at my seats, you would think I have small children. They are stained up terribly as if something spilled on all the seats. For the record, I haven't had many people in the back seat. I hope before I trade it in, they come clean. The material is very poor in quality.

Great car but I hate the radio
By deking

2014 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Tucson is a nice solid SUV that drives and rides like a sedan. The seats are very comfortable, the A/C works perfectly. We love everything about the car except for the radio, which needs a copilot, especially a very young one, to operate. What ever happened to user friendly? Every new Hyundai I get has a completely new radio design and every one gets harder to use. No pushbutton resets on this one, and there is a small display that is impossible for the driver to see and use while driving. A very unsafe situation if you want to change stations on the highway. I have complained to Hyundai but they don't seem to understand.

2.4 L engine is great, 6 speed automatic is smooth. Ride is smooth and quiet.

Get rid of these complicated radios, go back to basic sound system that are user friendly and safe to use while driving. I absolutely hate this radio they call the type B.