Used 2011 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Perfect start car!
By CCleary

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has gotten me through high school, college, and now the real world. It's a perfect starter car for all those initial transitions in your life. The cargo space fits just enough for moving, having boxes, groceries, etc. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the controls, as I didn't need anything fancy to start my car journey with. The car is 8 years old and I've had very minimal problems along that course of time (other than the normal new battery, new tires, new brakes, etc.) This car was always easy to park in garages and high fuel costs have never been an issue. Now, however, I'm finding small things about the car that no longer work for me, like the no-lumbar support to the seat and the no parking assist option that many vehicles offer today. I will be upgrading cars soon to a fancier SUV, but I will miss my Tuscon.

Great car for the money!
By James Markwood

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Tucson has been a great little vehicle for my daughter; she used it from high school through college. Very safe and reliable, and its 10-year warranty is tops. The Hyundai Tucson retains its value exceptionally well. This is the second Tucson my family has had (my son had an earlier model), and I would highly recommend the vehicle.

Great Crossover
By Tyler

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am really enjoying the Tuscon. I bought the 2011 Limited 2WD with 50,000 miles. I traded in a 2008 Durango so I am getting used to it. Of course the gas mileage is fantastic compared to what im used to and I never used the 3rd row seating. Could use a little more cargo room with the two kids, but the front and back seats have pretty much the same room I was working with. I actually have more room in the drivers seat than I did in my Durango and im more comfortable. Still getting used to being closer to the ground, but it doesnt sit too close for comfort. The ride is pretty smooth, what you would expect from a crossover probably. The bluetooth and navigation and ipod control are excellent in my opinion, no complaints there at all. The dash is pleasing to the eye and I cant really find anything to complain about. Everything is designed rather well and reachable from the drivers seat. Im 5'11" and a bigger guy and I have plenty of room. The leather is great quality in my opinion and the heated seats are fantastic. The all glass roof is awesome, I had that in my Scion tc years ago and didnt realize how much I missed it. When people complain about "there is a little rattle in the trunk." and stuff like that it makes me laugh. Turn on the radio and get over it. Cars make noise. Well see how it does on the family trips because going from a 22 gal tank to a 13.5 will make stops a little more frequent. The car is slick and is very pleasing to the eye, everyone that has seen it loves it. I bought an extended warranty just to be safe and hope to never use it of course. Between city / hwy so far im averaging 26mpg. Not too bad.

More to be desired.
By skpk81

2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove this vehicle for over 3 years and purchased new. Began to notice problems right away. Bouncy ride, felt more on second row seating. Fuel economy MPG numbers far from advertised. Small fuel tank 13gal equals short range. Annoying Rattle noise coming from trunk, noisy shocks. AC fan replaced at 17k miles because of high pitch noise. Low pressure tire sensor failed. Fan speed choices not adequate, its either too high or too low. Driver and passenger seat too narrow.

Seat materials are durable and easy to clean. Ok ride at low speeds. Standard blue tooth.

Too many to mention.

The most awesome car I've ever seen!
By monicamae4

2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, limited. We got such a sale, 18,900, 39,000 miles, for a fully loaded. We went for a Toyota Rav 4, 2011 with 54,000 miles on it, for the same price. Test drove both, and, the Tucson's much smoother ride beat the Rav by miles. I can't drive large vehicles and don't like sedans. This CUV, seems like it was made for me. I love the small turning radius, so much.
The seats are very comfortable, even the back seats are as wonderful as the front. I cannot stop talking about this car, I, me, I actually have a Tucson in my driveway, it just blows me away. Driving this CUV, is a very fun experience, can't believe there aren't more out there.

My favorites on this car, is the fact that it's an SUC, but, very compact, with so much space inside the front and back. Love the turning radius, sun roof, leather seats, rear view camera, my (favorite). The way mr car looks, compared to all the other CUV's, the Tucson looks the best.my kids love the heated seats. Also, love, being up higher, sedans are so low to the ground.

To creat a sun visor, or something of that nature, for the nav system. To make the arm rest a little closer to the front for people who have to sit closer.