Used 2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Best car I've owned
By Rick Reynolds

2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in Las Vegas in 2004. It was car of the Year. It is now 2017 and I have 74000 miles on it. I have never tuned it up and it runs like a top. I had the timing belt and water pump replaced about 3-4 years ago, not because I had problems but that the manual says replace at 60000 miles. Reason water pump was replaced is because once you change timing belt you replace water pump to save on labor. When I got my timing belt that they replaced , it looked perfect. Only thing that cost me money was replacing light bulbs, and battery wipers and regular fluid changes. Even tho I've had my car for 13 years in 100 degree plus summers, the paint looks almost like the day I bought it. I drive to southern California on the 15 freeway and the car handles like a top even doing 105 MPH most of the way. Solid drive on its 2.7 liter V-6. I plan on keeping this car forever after seeing some of the other reviews showing owners that have well over 100000 on their cars. GREAT CAR!

one of the nicest cars I've ever had
By Michael carr

2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have it checked bye mechanic

Best car I ever bought, other than my Honda
By Annette Conyers

2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Like buying a poor mans Honda.

My 2004 sonataa
By Leanna norris

2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 sonata used for only 4500! It now has 212,000 miles on it and runs awesome and has never left me stranded. The only thing ive had to do to it is a tune up, oil changes, changing of head lights and tail lights. I had to buy new tires after 2 years and a starter for it but thats it. It may sound like a lot but it was just regular maintenance that it needed. Never had any other problem with it. It just started making a creaking noise and i think its my cv axles that need replaced but i wouldnt trade this car for a new one because the space in the car is amazing i think and the new cars have to much technology in them and are compact cars that look big and bulky. Ill keep my 2004 hyundai sonata till it wont drive anymore! Hope this helps.

The best car if you take Care of it
By kaylabandy

2004 Hyundai Sonata Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My hyundai belonged to my dad before he gave it to me. He bought it new and it has never had any major issues. Just did regular maintenance. The only thing I don't like is the headlights don't seem
To be very bright! But other than that I love the car and it's always been really reliable. Just watch out for the timing belt, because of the interference engine. Don't replace it late. Other than that the car is amazing and has never failed me. Already has 190000 miles on it and runs beautifully.

Brighter lights Timing chain rather than belt.