Used 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Run away!

D. Parker, 05/11/2016
GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought one of these and treated it well throughout its life. All maintenance was performed as per the manufacturers recommendations. At 128,000 miles, the engine failed catastrophically without warning. At normal highway speeds, a piston shattered without warning, and blew through the bottom of the engine. At the time of the failure, gauges indicated normal engine temperature, oil pressure, and RPMs. It is my opinion that these circumstances can only point to a manufacturing defect or a isolated and documented service error. Worse, Hyundai USA failed to meet agreed obligations. a Hyundai certified remanufactured engine was ordered and paid for. 28 days later, I was advised that they no longer make this engine. They had my money, my car, and now the only option is for a salvage engine, and a possible lawsuit. I am aware that [non-permissible content removed] happens, but the company's actions are reprehensible, and should make everyone reconsider a Hyundai purchase.

Still going strong!

Rick Abate, 08/26/2018
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 6 years and 88,000 miles we still love this car. This was an upgrade of a previous Santa Fe that we owned. The extra cost was definitely worth it. The larger engine will let you accelerate into traffic seamlessly, even with a full load. The AWD is great in snow and rain. The seats are comfy and have plenty of leg room. I am 6 feet tall and very overweight at 300 pounds and their is plenty of room for me. People still tell us how quiet and smooth the ride is.

Great Car

mbowles, 09/16/2012

Had this 3.5 Santa fe about 3 months.Love the power the engine has. We owned a 2011 2.4 liter santa fe before and hated the engine.Had no power at all. Make shure you get the 3.5 engine . Its like a whole diferent carr. We love it.

Great car for the money

em_libra62, 06/16/2012

I have had this car for three months. So far, it has been great. Fun to drive, easy to handle. I have the V6, felt the 4 was short on power during the test drive. Avg 22mpg in the city, around 30 on the hwy. One of the features of this car which they don't push is its short turn radius. I can whip it around like a compact and have gotten some parking places that amaze my riders.

Very satisfied with this SUV

vlasi, 08/20/2014
GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this suv new over two years ago. We absolutely love it. We have not had a single problem with it. Other than the seats being a little hard for me I can't think of a single thing I would like to change. Smooth riding, good acceleration and very good gas mileage. Update: The Santa Fe is now 5 years old and runs as well as when it was new. Have not had a single item go wrong with it. Very happy with this purchase. Accelerates as well if not better than my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan which is a 6 cylinder.

12345...6