Used 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Still going strong!
By Rick Abate

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 6 years and 88,000 miles we still love this car. This was an upgrade of a previous Santa Fe that we owned. The extra cost was definitely worth it. The larger engine will let you accelerate into traffic seamlessly, even with a full load. The AWD is great in snow and rain. The seats are comfy and have plenty of leg room. I am 6 feet tall and very overweight at 300 pounds and their is plenty of room for me. People still tell us how quiet and smooth the ride is.

Prepare to get your rear differential replaced!
By A. Jensen

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this vehicle since 2015 (not the first owner). The car was still under warranty when I had to replace the rear differential the first time. A year-and-a-half and 25,000 miles later, I had to replace it again at a cost of $3,500 dollars. I called Hyundai in advance to ask if they would do anything to help and was assured they would if its a parts problem even though the part was outside of warranty. I had the repair done at a certified Hyundai dealership, but several calls to Hyundai later and I still have received no help despite it clearly being an issue with the part, and an expensive one at that, and despite their reassurance before getting the repair that they would pay for it. I would NOT recommend buying this car unless you want to spend thousands in repairs.

Planning on selling this thing
By kurtswanson@comcast.net

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Was hoping my first experience with Hyundai would be a good one. Nope. Not even 48K on it and already I'm spending thousands on repair. Instrumentation lighting has failed (poorly-designed components) and the viscous coupler has failed (very expensive repair). No more Hyundais in my future.

Ruby car
By Ruby Glasscock

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. Love it. Just want a new red one.

No music for this Hyumdai owner
By Ken V.

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a new 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe 4 1/2 years ago. About 7 weeks ago, the radio died and does not work. We were informed the warranty for electronics is good for 3 years. The dealer is willing to help us out for the cost of a new system, but Hyundai is not. Why would the radio die after 4 1/2 years of use? Needless to day, I am not sure if I will ever purchase a Hyundai again. I guess the advertised 5 year warranty is not what you pay for.