Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...41

Pros
Cons

Great Car

Bob Ault, 11/13/2009
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase this Santa Fe used with 25k. The only problem I encountered was a defective rear seat hatch which was covered under the factory warranty. At 54k it still has 30% front and 90% original factory brakes. It rides like a car, gets acceptable mileage and very easy to get in and out of.

I LOVE my Santa Fe!

davis, 01/28/2010
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our car about 5 months ago and have done quite a bit of light off-roading in it and it handles great, and though we've probably asked for it a few times, it hasn't left us stranded. Performs like a champ in poor conditions and I think it is an extremely comfortable ride. Not so fond of the engine rumble between 60-70 mph, but I'm assuming that has something to do with either the AWD or the miles on the vehicle. Only problem we've had with it thus far is the accelerator sensor which we replaced for a relatively reasonable cost (and frankly, the same thing went out on our Kia which is two years newer the same week). It's a sexy cute little suv and reliable too :)

Warranty issues

H Leal, 03/07/2010
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but warranty problems. The 1st was rust spots all over. It took over 6 months and 2 dealerships, warranty dept, regional DPSM, BBB. Now body side moulding fell off, they said not covered because it is 3/36000, but it's 5/60000. Conference calls with dealer, warranty dept and DPSM still nothing done. Service and warranty mean nothing. I bought because of warranty and it is all a lie. Never buy another again.

Love It

gman2705, 10/16/2010
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Santa Fe with 35 000 miles. Now has 75 000 on it and runs like new. Goes great in the snow. Everything is tight, no squeaks or rattles. First SUV, and the next one will be a Santa Fe.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2005 SE

eighthof8, 11/11/2007
LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Nissan Exterra for my 2005 Santa Fe mainly for my Wife's daily driver. We both really like it rides/handles like a car. I've heard complaints of gas mileage here, but our 3.5 is averaging 21 mpg city/highway. On the highway it likes to run 80, so we let it. Highway mpg is a solid 24. For complaints: I wish the center console used better plastic. While driving, and using it as an arm rest, it creaks with any movement, plus the padded top needs more padding. I really don't like the way it accelerates from a standing stop. You crush the accelerator to get it moving, then it wants to blast off. I wish this was smoother. All around, I would purchase another

12345...41