Used 2015 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Leasing a Genesis was my worst Auto Decision Ever
By Joe

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have had p pretty good luck with cars and have been extremely happy with most of my purchases/Leases. My latest decision to lease a Genesis did not work out so well. When I signed the lease I was pretty excited about the bells and whistles. My exuberance quickly turned to disappointment. Almost immediately parts started falling off the vehicle. When ever I would even touch a parking block the front bumper would come loose. The Courtesy Hyundai dealership wanted to charge me over $1,000 dollars to fix it when it basically just needed to be popped back in. When I had to replace the windshield washer cover they wanted to charge me $90 to paint and replace a $10 part that should have been cover under warranty. When I ordered the part I had to wait over 40 minutes and another 40 minutes to pick it up at the parts desk. In both cases employees wondered behind the parts desk ignoring customers waiting at the desk. Interior trim and door seals are continuing to come loose. In a nut shell the car is poorly constructed and the bells and issues are not worth the costs.

Distinct improvement over the previous generation
By Nick Colovos

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

This is a remarkable car in its category, delivering outstanding performance, ride qualities and features, at a competitive price. In the three months I have owned it I still delight in finding functions and features that contribute to the driving experience - driver assist, GPS, front seat adjustments, and the superior Lexicon sound system, to name a few. This is the Genesis - Ultimate, now called G80 - that truly takes a prominent place in the luxury sedan segment.

Best Car I've EVER owned!
By BaltoMike

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I live this car so much that when my 36mo. lease was up, I found a better optioned example from the same year with much lower miles and bought it rather than my own car off lease. I got my brother in law to purchase one. He and I are delighted every time we drive.

Like a mid-60s Korean Buick: a powerful tourer
By James Braddock

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this car as a big, comfortable, quiet, powerful (V-8), fully featured touring vehicle. I refer to it as a full sized Korean Buick, as it reminds me of the older fancy mid-60s Buick 225 models which were the quintessential big powerful comfortable American cars of that time. It has all the bells and whistles and safety features that Hyundai offers (with the exception of all-wheel drive) and I am quite pleased with all these features. It's a nice car to take on vacation as the trunk is quite large, the back seat roomy and it drives very quietly and competently down the road. It's a pleasure to drive and nice to look at (mine is Parisian Blue with the white leather interior). It is one of 4 vehicles I own. The fuel economy for this 4600 lb car in mixed driving is exactly 21.2mpg, but it can burn any grade of gasoline without complaining (engine has a knock sensor). On trips it gets about 23.7mpg. My only concern with this V-8 Genesis is its resale value, which still remains to be seen. Overall I am quite pleased with it. My local Hyundai dealership, on the other hand, is only average at best and the Genesis experience there leaves something to be desired.

Genesis
By Rich

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Beautiful car,just bought it a month ago and l have put 2500 miles on it and should put another 3000 on before my road trip is over. Love everything about it,comfort,steering,braking and the power ,and the handling is fantastic ! The dashboard is beautiful and very well set up .