Used 2015 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Like a mid-60s Korean Buick: a powerful tourer
By James Braddock

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this car as a big, comfortable, quiet, powerful (V-8), fully featured touring vehicle. I refer to it as a full sized Korean Buick, as it reminds me of the older fancy mid-60s Buick 225 models which were the quintessential big powerful comfortable American cars of that time. It has all the bells and whistles and safety features that Hyundai offers (with the exception of all-wheel drive) and I am quite pleased with all these features. It's a nice car to take on vacation as the trunk is quite large, the back seat roomy and it drives very quietly and competently down the road. It's a pleasure to drive and nice to look at (mine is Parisian Blue with the white leather interior). It is one of 4 vehicles I own. The fuel economy for this 4600 lb car in mixed driving is exactly 21.2mpg, but it can burn any grade of gasoline without complaining (engine has a knock sensor). On trips it gets about 23.7mpg. My only concern with this V-8 Genesis is its resale value, which still remains to be seen. Overall I am quite pleased with it. My local Hyundai dealership, on the other hand, is only average at best and the Genesis experience there leaves something to be desired.

Genesis
By Rich

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Beautiful car,just bought it a month ago and l have put 2500 miles on it and should put another 3000 on before my road trip is over. Love everything about it,comfort,steering,braking and the power ,and the handling is fantastic ! The dashboard is beautiful and very well set up .

Genius Genesis
By Pleased

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Awesome

Bargain Luxury
By Sid Monge

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

An equivalent BMW or MBZ is $10,000 more. Excellent car, cost notwithstanding. Only drawback is Hyundai dealer service experience. Genesis the is just another Hyundai model to them. Genesis needs separate dealers to support great car.

End of the Lease - End of the Torture
By Michael

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I loved the Genesis when I saw it first time. I loved the design, I loved the features and I thought it is a great value for the money (55K) in comparison with the German and Japanese competitors. Unfortunately we learned that the build quality is low. Rattling from the doors, a snaring sound from the gear-box between 25 and 33 mph and most annoyingly the rattling and knocking glass-roof. Sometimes we thought we will loose parts. We had Mercedes and Lexus before and we had to learn the hard way, that a Hyundai - however they call their luxury brands - is not an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc. The big kids playing in a different league. We should know, that buying a Hyundai cannot fulfill our expectations at all. Sad!