2021 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $384
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

More than expected.

Dan, 04/07/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I had been looking at downsizing from a 2020 Ford Explorer which we really liked. We drove Ford Escape, and Chevy Equinox and Malibu. We wanted to drop our payment by $125. That ruled out the 3 vehicles we drove. We tried the Elantra and the ride was as smooth and quiet as our Explorer. The Malibu had too much road noise. The seats are real comfortable. Driving home, I got up to 43.9 mpg. We have not had the time to play with the electronics. Cruising down the road, it (SEL) has lane change adjustment and an adjustable setting for the car to automatically slow down for slower vehicles in front of you. Once you change lanes, it will automatically speed back up to the cruise setting. Love the black grill and rims. Great looking car. It is not a dragster but will get you up to speed quickly. Test drive the vehicle and it will sell you. This is our first Hyundai and we are well pleased.

4 out of 5 stars

Went from sporty to luxury

Billy Shuttleworth, 06/21/2021
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car would have 5/5... but the rattling... I am having to take a brand new car in for a metallic rattle happening behind the driver seat, and a door panel behind the driver side that is rattling too. I’m not sure why these cars rattle so much, and it was frustrating, because during the smooth test drive, you never hear it, but when you take it off the lot, and drive on roads that aren’t as “nice” you hear EVERYTHING you missed... the features are wonderful and I love almost everything about it. It is a major upgrade from that 2019-2020 body style... and I do like that it became more of a luxury style body... just the rattles... I am praying they can fix it, because for +$31,000 (after fees/taxes) it shouldn’t make a sound!

2 out of 5 stars

Exceeding Expectations

Bryce Formwalt, 03/25/2021
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with over 100,000 miles and was intent on getting another Sonata. But after purchasing a 2021 Elantra SEL for my son, I was SO impressed that I had to get one for myself! The

5 out of 5 stars

Great Features For The Price Point!

Steve D., 04/26/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car for our 18 year old son. The redesign is excellent and even the base model comes standard with every safety feature imaginable! While still a $21K Hyundai with lots of hard plastic around the interior and only 147 horses under the hood, the ride is surprisingly brisk and quiet. I'm not sure you'll find this level of standard features in any other vehicle at this price point. Three years complimentary maintenance and a phenomenal app for your phone to control the car rounds this one out!

5 out of 5 stars

Hybrid is great, but worried about DCT

SABERMAN100, 05/05/2021
Blue 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

2 weeks and 800 miles so far. Great looks on the car, gotten many complements on it, and I got the "electric shadow" aka grey which I highly recommend. Gets awesome gas mileage, getting an average of 52 mph this week when driving back and forth from work, and I have a fair bit of stop and go on the way, AND THE RANGE IS 550 MILES!!! The features GOD! THE FEATURES! On the base model! 1: (Keyless ignition)I don't even have to take the key fob out of my pocket, as long as I have the key fob I can press a button on the outside door handle and the car can unlock and lock with that button, and when I press the trunk button it will unlock automatically and open when the fob's near it. 2: (Blind spot monitoring) I need this on every car. 3: (lane assist) which will alert you if you're veering off into another lane and make little adjustments but won't steer completely for you. 3.5: (Steering assist) which will pretty much steer for you, but wouldn't use on road with not very readable lines or windy roads. 4:(auto high beams) nice to have. 5:(Android auto)Got to love having google maps. Works pretty well with the podcasts I listen to on spotify, but I personally listen to songs on YouTube and it will play the audio but won't give me an option to hit pause/play/next/previous on the infotainment screen so I still go to my phone for that. There's a lot more I could list but those are the best to me. The performance is great for a hybrid, really great take offs and hills are a breeze, mostly due to the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) which is totally different from all other transmissions..... and this is what worries me. The DCT on this car is a dry variant, not a wet, which if you don't know what that means just search on the web. DCT's have a bad reputation on economy cars with ford and some other brands ruining the reputation, but I haven't heard much about Hyundai's DCTs which no news is good news I guess. Just look into DCTs before buying... kinda wish I did... thank god for 10 year/100,000mi warranty though or I'd be really worried. Will change review if anything bad happens.

12345...7