Used 2004 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...59

Pros
Cons

Fine, but too much engine vibration

jjrobert, 02/06/2009

Maybe I got the lemon, but there's too much engine vibration at 2500 rpm. My rear-view mirror sounds like it's trying to tell me something.

Simply a Great Buy

Careful Buyer, 06/26/2009

I researched plenty b4 buying my Elantra because I wanted a problem-free car (a real challenge when buying used). The '04 Elantra is highly rated by many car reviewers. Having owned mine for 6 months and driven 12,000 miles, I want to share how wonderful owning this car has been. I bought this car with 52K mi on it. It is a loaded 5-spd GT Hatch. I like the styling inside and out. I have not had a single mechanical problem. I have had to replace one headlight bulb and it was easy. If the biggest complaint about a car is changing headlight bulbs, common sense told me it is a smart car to buy. And the gas mileage? 35 MPG combined; that's 450 mi b4 the fuel light comes on! Worth every $ I paid.

A big time lemon!!!

John N, 10/12/2009

This car gave me problems practically from the get go. The air conditioner went out literally 8 times in the 5 years I owned it!!! The first 6 were covered under warranty, but after the warranty expired, the dealership refused to stand by their work and fix it for free. Also, both cv joints went, and the cooler system needed major repairs. All of this before 80,000 miles, and I was meticulous with the maintenance. I never missed anything. I will never buy a Hyundai again.

Hyundai

Charbabe86, 12/04/2009

I have had this care for almost 5 years. I haven't had a single problem with it other than minor things like oil changes, tire rotations, things like that. It was cheap and affordable...Hyundai's are by far the best car for the money.

Still going after 5 years

KSierra, 11/23/2009

I got my Elantra just a little over 5 years ago and it’s still going. I purchased the extended 100,000mi/10yr bumper to bumper warranty. I’ve had to have my air bag sensors (both driver and passenger)and Kenwood CD player replaced. I’ve also replaced my headlights a few times. Didn’t have to pay for any of it! I leave my headlights on ALL the time so burning them out is to be expected. Over all I’m am super happy with my Elantra. I drive between 20 and 30 miles every day on average and get great mileage. Maintenance is a little pricey (in for my 60k,today ouch!) but the dealership is reliable and friendly (same guys in the service department since I got my car!)

12345...59