Used 1996 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

$777 - $1,834

Used Elantra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Little Car

Bcar03, 09/19/2002

This was my third Hyundai. Great little car for the money. I now have 120,000 trouble free miles on it. I hate to say it, but its time for a new one. I am going to purchase a 2002 Hyundai Elantra.

My Hundai

mikewomack, 09/21/2002

Reliable small car. This is my third Hyundai and the best overall. I had a problem with the transmission early on but Hyundai evantually replaced it and it has been humming along ever since. Other than normal wear and tear I haven't had many problems, and I am one who doesn't believe in expensive 25, 50 etc. services. As someone said recently...Hyundai's can no longer be criticized as cheap cars.

Fun piece of junk

umm_bacon, 01/08/2003

I got this car used from a family friend, and have had a love hate relationship with it ever since. The car is very fun to drive, it being a 5 speed manual, but everything on it except the engine is crap. Literally every creature comfort has broken on this car: the sun roof, power windows, interior door handles x2, head liner, plastic molding, weather stripping, etc. Aside from the numerous problems with the unessentials (everything but the engine) I have loved every minute of owning this car. I would recomend one for a high school students first car.

Nice little car

Alex1, 08/29/2003

Bought it used, had it for almost 3 years, about 80k now. Pretty happy so far. Relatively fun to drive, stable on the highway, fast, roomy. Mostly Minor problems and maintanance, but parts for Huyndai are pretty expensive. Overrall, a very nice car, but not as cheap to maintain as the price may suggest.

Keeps on Going

theJackal99, 06/25/2005

I have over 180,000 on my 1996 Elantra and it just keeps on going. I've never had to do any major work on it. The paint and exhaust system on the car, however, could use some improvements. Very easy to scratch. The interior could be improved. But again, mechinacally it is awsome.