Used 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

Gas guzzler
By Rick Laffey

2016 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

28 mpg in town driving using Shell or Mobil regular. 38-42 mpg on highway trips. Had to replace 3 tires within 25 k miles. Warrenty took care of front wheel bearings replacement at 54 k miles. You will feel the bumps, but it handles well.

Bummed out! Mines been cursed!
By g.p a

2016 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive had this car 10 days,, when you stop and put it in P it rolls. not far, but enough to make you stare at it, hoping you're seeing things..?? Called dealership, they said bring it in..oh sure. While I was driving today, the service engine light came on?? Wtf? Called again, they didn't make an appt , nor when I emailed the CEO. of DolanAuto , he hasn't emailed me back. I think I have their number now, take your money. literally, they sold me a 2k warrenty I didn't even know I purchaced until 3 days later?? How did they do that?? Thank god I cancelled it,( I think) Paying of car today too. I use my car for work, Im in and out of it all the time.. I make deliveries. It's important that the car STAYS in P! So, im disappointed, and my salesman didn't show me anything about bluetooth, the "folders" what it does, what do things mean. I guess im readin g the owners manual which is fine, was going to anyway.. Need that service light checked tho, and the worst part, I dont want to go into that dealership! I kinda told them how I felt when they "stole" 2k from me, and im still waiting to get my $!!! The car, tho, I do like it, I think!?

Researched for a month B4 buying Elantra GT 2016
By Michael Yanko

2016 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Update 1-3-17 Now that I've had this car for 6 months I've realized that you DO get used to the lowness of the seats. My girlfriend and I took another 1000 mile plus road trip, this time to Asheville, NC in December. We were both very comfortable this time with no back or body issues after about 9 hours each way. We also had the surprise experience of driving the Elantra GT in snow and on ice! They were only supposed to get 1/2 inch of snow in the Asheville area and they got an unexpected 7 inches over the weekend instead! On our trip up there we experienced dangerous white out conditions on mountain roads and the car held its own very well in those conditions. Living in central Florida I thought I'd never use the heated seats and mirrors but they both came in handy during this trip. Something took us by surprise is that there is a warning light that comes on that is not in the owner's manual. I called Hyundai and found out that there is actually a light that comes on to warn you of hazardous driving conditions! It's a little light that looks like a road with a snowflake on it. In the morning after our first night the car was covered with about 4 inches of snow and the parking lot was iced over. The car started right up (it was only about 24 degrees) and the defrosters quickly took care of the snow on the windshields. The car performed very well on the ice which I would probably have to credit to the tires along with growing up and learning to drive in the snow belt in western NY.

In summary after 6 months I am still thrilled with my purchase. I love the way the car drives, especially the acceleration on the highway when you go to pass another vehicle and the handling. I like high performance driving so I drive in the sport mode at all times. After becoming used to the car the comfort level is acceptable and I don't even use the cushion I bought any more. I highly recommend this vehicle!!!

Before I review the car I need to say that I am a car salesman's nightmare! I do very extensive research to find the make and model car I want to buy, do test drives to compare models, then decide which car I am going to buy. Once I have decided the make and model I do a 200 mile search to find dealers that have the car I'm looking for, call them to expertly get their bottom line price, and make sure that I know exactly what my trade is worth. After that the remaining step is to figure out which dealers are willing to sell me the car I want at the price I already know I am going to pay and figure out which one I am going to buy my car from. NOBODY ever SELLS me a car, I BUY cars. After extensive research I determined that the Elantra GT is the perfect car for me and I actually bought this one from a dealer via email. After agreeing on the deal I just had to go for a quick test drive, fill out some paperwork, and I was off with my new car. They even gave me $100 more for my trade than i was asking for. ON TO THE 2016 ELANTRA GT- My only complaint about the car is that the seats are too low! Nothing a $30 memory foam car cushion couldn't fix, but I'm 6' and my girlfriend is 5'3" and the seats are too low for both of us. I love EVERYTHING else about the car. My personal acceleration test gave me 0-60 in 8 seconds using the shift-matic and 10 seconds using the auto 6 speed. Not as fast as my old car but totally acceptable and it certainly gets out of its own way. Interstate ramps have been no problem and passing traffic is a breeze. The auto 6 speed is very smooth, the handling is great, the back of the seat is very comfortable, and there is plenty of room for all my gear. With the headrests off the back seats they fold down nicely making a huge cargo area and even with the seats up there is a generous area behind them. The 175 watt sound system is excellent and all the buttons, knobs, and gauges are in natural positions that I got used to in 2 minutes. The AC is very efficient and I love the visibility that the GT has. I am a power driver and I drive my cars very hard. I keep my vehicles for a long time (usually at least 10 years) and maintain them as they should be maintained, so I expect that this car will serve me well beyond the excellent warranty. I love the sporty look and have received many compliments on it. The second week I had the car I took an 1100 mile road trip and spent only $70 on gas. Other than the low seats I am a very happy camper!

My new Elantra GT
By lorenzo serafini

2016 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

A. Traded my Sonata Turbo for the 2016 Elantra GT which is good looking with a nice engine/gearbox combination. Tech package with Nav works well, enjoying it! Leather heated and ventilated seats are awsome! Just put 1000 miles on it and am really happy. Quick, easy to park and economical.. so far so good!
B. 7100 miles with no problems. Beginning to wish it had the "Paddle Shift" like the Sonata. Using the "auto shift" in manual mode is just ok. The car handles well and everything works. I noticed that the car pulls stronger as the revs climb toward red line, nice! Beginning to really enjoy the handling too.
C. 12500 miles with no problems. Made it through the winter without any fuss, all the gadgets make this car easy to live with. The HD radio is great.

Run Screaming from This Cute Car
By Caligirl

2016 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car is a year old, and I have braking problems on freeway on and off ramps - dealers thought "you are driving too fast," fix...driving 15-20 mph on exits/entrances, irking all the drivers piling up behind me to avoid hitting the brakes bc braking on a tight right causes car to skip and shimmy. HORRIBLE gas mileage, such a little car should do way way better. Noisy interior...have to crank up volume to hear hands free conversations bc of interior noise. DANGEROUS oem tires, with less than 10k miles, within two months two sidewall failures. Of course Hyundai takes no responsibility and sidewall failure is not the responsibility of the tire manufacture either. Lose either way. Not to mention to replace with decent tires is $600 - 800 dollars, not worth it on this little budget car's 17" rims, except it is necessary for safety. Upside, you have a dangerous, gas guzzling, cute as heck car....