Used 2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Sporty Sipper
By Marvin Wolf

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I work at home, so I'm not running up miles as a commuter. My car has a very small wheelbase, a great turning radius that lets me get in and out of tight parking spaces, and it has a lot of zip, too--acceleration when needed, and power to spare. I recently drove it 2400 miles from Los Angeles to Asheville NC in seven days, moving with traffic or at the speed limit. We stopped four or five times a day for food, fuel, bathroom breaks and overnight lodging. My average fuel mileage for that trip was a little over 41 miles per gallon. We encountered hail and chain lightning in New Mexico, electrical storms in Texas, and a cloud burst of near-Biblical proportions on the mountain road between Knoxville, TN and Asheville, NC. Nothing fazed this car.

almost 100K miles in just over 3 years
By Idrivelongtimee

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

First - I'm really big guy, 6'5" and 250 lbs so I get laughed at when I fold in half to get in/out of my accent.

Second - I just passed 92K miles in 38 months (bought it new), and drive 325 miles straight about once a week.

This is a good, very reliable, cheap to operate little car. No bueno when there is more than a few inchees of snow, but you can't expect much. I get about 36 MPH on the interstate doing 85-90 mph. I can get about 42 mph around town if I'm driving like a grandma (mine is a stick shift).

Only problems we had was when my son hit a raccoon with it and just about totalled the car....took out the entire front end and did almost $6K in damage, for A RACCOON!!! Oh well, it got fixed and it's been great ever since.

Worst issue I have had with the car is that it's RED, and wifey wanted BLUE. But the dealership, even after 3 months, couldn't find us a blue one. Hyundai needs to fix this; if I want to order a blue one, i should get a blue one.

Anyway, great car.

antique driver of newer cars
By David Bucke

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

ANDIGO
By Mio

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

It is roomier inside than you would think.

The horn is meagre but you can work with it. The car has good pickup great mileage

By Jerome

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

love this little car, almost as much as my old 1981chevette ! I frequently drive 300 miles at a time with one tank of gas, and no backache! Handles very well, although it bounces around at times; still the traction has been there when I needed it. Fantastic mileage!