Used 2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Nothing But Tears
By loveeanne

2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 5 years. Two of those years I spent at college without it. I've put about 60,000 miles on it. I LOVED this car. The first time the engine misfired, I thought "no big deal, this car has been amazing to me". It was all down hill from there. The engine has misfired twice and needed to be fixed. The breaks have been replaced four times. A valve broke off near the transmission and oil leaked down into the clutch. I needed a full clutch kit replacement and parts of the transmission replaced. That was less than four months ago. Last week, my timing belt broke without any warning and bent my entire motor. With that, I will have put over $4,000 into this car for repairs.

Great on gas, was always willing to go the extra distance when it was capable. Great memories.

Excellent gas mileage
By connie50

2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the Accent because of price and gas mileage and referral from a friend.
He said mileage exceeds the posted mileage on sticker.
The mileage on this car was 27-29 mpg highway.
We CONSISTANTLY get 30+ running around in town and 35+ highway.
So now that the news states Hhyndai over states their mileage on their stickers is TOTALLY wrong.
We have had this car for 5 years and alway get min 30 mpg and usually 33-34 every time we fill up and we check our mileage every time.
We get better mileage with gas from Holiday or Amoco.

Gas mileage. Like driving the stick. zippy little car. Replaced all 4 tires w/new good ones and cost was $235 for all 4!!! Cheap to drive. No bells and whistles but that is fine - less to fix! Good car for kids to learn now to drive a stick.

Good car for the $$
By soccerwinner

2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven a Ford Escort, and a Honda Civic, and the Accent is right up there in mpg.
It is a simple car, no bells and whistles, but I don't mind.
Like people have said acceleration isn't the best, but all you have to do is turn the overdrive off and it does just fine.
It's no race car, but it can get up and go.
It's a great first car, since it's cheap and good on gas.
It's not in my category of fancy but it is a car.
You pay for a simple car, and that is what you get.
I haven't had any problems with the car.

It looks great, gas mileage is pretty good, value, price, warranty, trunk space.

acceleration, shifting, center console, passenger comfort

Too Good To Be True?
By rkesten

2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Hyundai Accent with only 32k miles on it bout a month ago. it is still under warranty for about another year and a half and I gained incentives from the dealership that covers then engine for the entire time I own the car. I'm sure glad I have the warranty becuase tomorrow I have to bring the car in to be looked at. For the past few days the check engine light flashes on, and slows down while doing so. This only happens on my way to work (I have even let my car warm up to see if this works--it did not). Also, the transmition is slow. When i shift from reverse to drive, it has a pretty decently long delay. I find this almost dangerous if I need to back up and drive qucikly.

I love the interior of the car, it is very comfortable, perfect for a shorter person (I am 5ft 1in with short legs). I have been able to fit many things in the car, as I have recently moved and packed my car to the max..it held more than my 1999 Saturn Station Wagon did. I am very satisfied by the space and comfort of the inside. I also love how well my AC works and my sterio system.

Transistion needs improving, engine needs some improvements as well. The gas tank is very small, I am supposed to get more gas per gallon, but its hard to tell, I need to get gas so often!

Waste of time and money
By Prakash H

2008 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car few weeks ago and already facing problems with the engine. Engine is extremely weak, weaker than I had anticipated. Some times I have trouble to accelerate into merging traffic, and since I live in hilly area. It revs very loudly and power is very insufficient. Consider buying a used Japanese or European car which is 8 years or so old. With more power and features. And gas mileage is not as great as people think it is...

None