Used 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$778 - $1,835

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Hyundai is Reliable!!!

eddie1700, 09/08/2014

Hello, I just felt impelled to write a review of this car. It is a Hyundai accent 1999, it is a little reliable rider I'’ve seen plenty of friends with BMW's and Fords all go down before my ride. I take regular maintenance serious and this car has not let me down. Currently has 150,000 plus miles and I keep track of mileage with highway and city driving I still average 35mpg its amazing; very efficient. It might not be the most attractive ride out there but makes up for it in swag points that' for sure. Plenty of room in the interior for hauling basics, and again its reliability is incredible.

10th Birthday and still going strong!

mweinmann, 06/26/2009

I purchased this car in 2000 when it was one year old. I was looking for an economical, dependable car. This little gem has exceeded all of my expectations. I fit an unbelievable amount of stuff in the back....it is so much larger than it looks from the outside. My fuel bills are less than anyone that I know.....it drives great in snow....and the best part is that I have had to put so little $$$$ in this car!! At ten years old, it is still going strong. Best value I have ever had.

Excellent first car

exonite, 08/24/2013

really reliably,economical and fun to drive car.it's been almost 14 years now and it's still handy and without any major problems

Cool little car.

Brian Sherman, 10/04/2002

Absolutly love my 19990Accent. Nice tight suspension around corners, very zippy 5 speed and very comfortable. Did I mention the awesome gas mileage? Recommend!

Hyundai Accident, it runs...

Senaelen, 05/15/2009

I purchased this car for my brother, all it had wrong with it when we bought it was an exhaust leak. He didn't fix it because he's a butthead. but, this would appear to be a hyundai thing - if you're buying this car, check to make sure youre exhaust manifold and pipe were replaced, they rot out from the front onward! also check to make sure your alternator was replaced, and for the love of god, change the transmission fluid. This car has run into a lot of manufacturer problems starting with the schematics from hyundai listing the wrong wire colors. The overdrive switch on the shifter console has wires inside of it that break over time with the shifter moving. Be careful if you buy this car!

Not A Lemon But

Bobby Perry, 06/25/2002

After three years, car began to drive like a Sherman Tank. Bad suspension. Went to dealer and was told it was normal. Became normal after 3 years. Had another that drive comfortably for 11 yrs without delcine in suspension performance.

Excellent Hyundai

Albert Rockford, 08/02/2002

Absolutely no complaint's whatsoever, just an amazing car!

My first Hyundai...

rocket88, 10/01/2002

In '99 I bought the Accent just for commuting to work. It's got 40,000 miles on it now and I've had no problems whatsoever. Oh, wait, a headlight went out at 30,000 miles and the wiper blades need replacing. Gets 35mpg at mostly between 75-80. I've changed the oil 14 times myself and had the dealer do the 15K and the 30K mile service. Even the little 13 inch tires are still servicible, but have always been awful in the rain. Overall I think I got a great deal at $6995 and if the next 40,000 miles are like the first., I might just buy another one.

The Best Kept Secret in the Auto World

David V. White, 11/26/2002

I consider the Hyundai Accent to be an exceptional value compared to similar sized economy vehicles, such as the Nissan Sentra or Ford Escort. It came with a 10-year manufacturer warranty that transfers as a 5-year warranty on resale. It is roomy for passengers, with ample rear seat leg room. The rear seats fold down to give plenty of cargo space. In three years, the car had no mechanical problems whatsoever. My only complaint was a pesky "Check Engine" warning light that came on twice for no apparent reason.

car

klpzack, 01/09/2003

Actually I was in an accident a few days ago and the insurance company wants to total out my car. I am having a hard time finding a good site to get an idea of a ballpark figure to accept as an offer. My car was very reliable. I had it serviced regularly. The tires are 4 months old. It was a fun little car. I have 2 small children and even being a compact, it was fairly convenient. I felt safer with the dual airbags.

51050