Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Do not Trust Honda

Amelia, 04/01/2022
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

TL;DR - Honda sold us a faulty (brand new) car. Within 2 months of purchase, the engine destroyed itself and the subsequent ‘repair’ work has caused new issues to arise. Honda is unreliable, unsafe, and unsupportive — they are blatantly disregarding our safety by refusing our request to replace the car. ___________________ On November 12, 2021 we purchased a brand new 2022 Honda Pilot at Hendrick Honda of Charlotte. Less than 2 months later, on December 30, 2021, the car dropped a valve 3 hours into a 7 hour road trip, destroying the engine, and stranding us in the dark and cold. We waited 7.5 hours only to hear that there was no timeframe for replacing the engine and weren’t able to pick up our car again for about 2 weeks. Honda, Hendrick Honda, and Roadside Assistance have not shown any care to rectify the situation. Honda’s mission states that they “are dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality,” but they are not living up to this mission. This car has proven to be risky and faulty but Honda has refused to replace the car. My family and I are long-time, loyal Honda customers and expected better from Honda. We are disappointed, concerned, and ultimately regret our purchase and loyalty. We bought this car with the promise of reliability, safety, and quality but have received none of this. Honda should be accountable for replacing a faulty product. We call on them to prove that they really do care about their mission statement.

2022 Honda Pilot Black Edition - Ride in Style

Allan, 09/08/2021
Black Edition 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Well it’s only been five days with the new car after trading in my 2017 Honda Pilot EXL. I’m appreciating (compared to my 2017 Pilot) the upgraded Honda sensing, improved graphic displays from backup camera, and gas saving features like auto stop. I’m slowly getting accustomed to new electronic gear shift (no more lever to move) as well as to all the LED lights the 2022 Pilot now have like headlights, turn signals, fog lights and so on. Family loves the spacious second row with all the cup holders, available usb outlets, window shade, panoramic moon roof and 110 volt outlet. I appreciate the car space obtained with third row folded down for my groceries and shopping cart.

Terrible

Tessa logan, 04/08/2022
Touring 4dr SUV w/Rear Captain's Chairs (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We got our 2022 pilot touring dec 2021. I want to love it but it has caused us nothing but grief. Flickering navigation screen from day one. It appears like it’s shorting out. Very annoying and should not be happening in a brand new vehicle. Secondly in the cold of winter 3 times went into limp mode turning onto a main highway. Limp mode meaning it loses all power and engine light starts blinking. Very dangerous and I’m lucky I didn’t get rear ended. Spent a month back in service. Navigation system not fixed and who knows what it will do again next winter when it’s cold again. I don’t feel safe or trust this car in winter…which is half the year in alberta!

2 out of 5 stars

New 2022 Honda Pilot Ex-L

CJM2008, 10/01/2021
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We were looking to upgrade on our 2016 Honda CR-V SE. We wanted something with a little more cargo room, sunroof and leather and heated seats. I was always impressed with the smooth ride of the CRV and the Pilot provided the same experience. The Pilot also gave us the option of 3rd seating and close to double the cargo space.

1 out of 5 stars

Pilot software is a huge MISS

Capt Dan, 12/25/2021
LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This is my 7th Pilot and my last. I thought the auto dimming headlights would be a good feature, but I live in a small town where only one road has a speed limit greater than 40 MPH. Unfortunately the 2022 Pilot's auto dimming headlights DON'T WORK BELOW 45 MPH. What idiot thought that they wouldn't need them on dark back roads with 30mph speed limits. The adaptive cruise control is also horrible, it speeds up and then senses a car in front and slams you against the seatbelts as it slows down. The weird thing is that we also have a 2019 CRV and that software works great.

2 out of 5 stars