2017 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Love My Honda
By Peter Kulas

2017 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got rid of our 2005 Odyssey with well over 200k miles and upgraded to a Pilot.

CHA CHUNK!!
By Dale M

2017 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Let me start by saying I sold Honda’s for about three years,when the time to retire and trade my wife’s Toyota Highlander I decided to get a pilot Touring. Love the car but it has a issue with a noise everytime we drive over a crack in the road or even a manhole cove the cars rear end makes a noise like CHA CHUNK and it’s not just mine it’s even the new 2018’s? I’ve talked to Honda and they said “all cars make noise” which seems to be the new montra now because my dealer said the same thing. I told Honda that’s funny because the Highlander doesn’t and my old 2000 Accord doesn’t either....you have a problem that needs fixing!!! When test driving pilot just listen and you will hear it going over bumps. Just FYI because I even missed it on after all the test drives I went on.

Great car
By Mrk

Purchased the car September 2017 and have used in harsh winter weather. The car is excellent inside and out. Would recommend to anyone.

Love it!
By Christine

Love the vehicle. A great choice.

Honda HAS to fix the cabin fume issue!
By Sandi

2017 Honda Pilot Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Great motor, looks nice, drives well...but there are issues. 1. It’s all over the road in even the slightest wind 2. Headlights are bright but I am constantly getting brights flashed at me because people assume my brights are on when they’re not 3. Third row heating/cooling is very poor 4. In very cold weather the touchscreen doesn’t work 5. The outside temperature gauge only works when the car is moving 6. The inside of the vehicle often smells overwhelmingly like gasoline...combined with burning oil. It’s awful. Honda said they remedied this in 2016. Nope. A friend got in it yesterday and almost had an asthma attack. Called the dealer and they said they’ve never heard of it before. Ya, ok. I read all about the gas tank recall in 2016. It was clearly not the only issue. Ugh. I want to like this SUV, but at $50,000? I’ll continue documenting times the cabin fills with fumes. Hoping when I take it in they’ll be honest and know how to fix it.