Used 2010 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Not what I hoped for
By King

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was our first Honda Pilot. We wanted a large safe vehicle for a new family. I have owned this vehicle for 6 years and it has just over 100k miles. The armrest on the door and center consoles have ripped some time ago, just as others have stated. We are not rough with our vehicle. Our CD changer no longer works and I've already had to rebuild the transmission. We had a really weird issue where the batteries kept dying and found that a relay for the air conditioning unit was getting stuck. Various mechanics and the dealer could not find this issue costing as few hundred dollars, thank goodness for the piloteer blog. The vehicle just started to develop a strange noise at the right passenger front tire. The inside of the cabin is not very quiet. The glove box won't open any more. The fake Chrome on the grill has started to peel. I'm so disappointed with my first experience with a Honda Pilot. The quality of materials is so poor . The best part is the cargo space.

OK
By JB

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great interior room and cargo capacity. 3 rows of seating or a monster cargo hold. Overall reliability has been very good, issues with the radio, premature tire wear and brakes.

The best family car I’ve ever
By Tom Redmond

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has took us and so many family vacations. Runs great looks great and is a perfect size for a family of five. We did have to buy a cargo carrier for the roof which alleviates the lack of storage when the third row is un use.

Fun to Drive
By Kenneth Euman

2010 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car drives, rides and is comfortable when off road.

FANTASTIC RELIABILITY & SAFETY
By Pilot Owner TX

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 7 years and NEVER had anything malfunction. Was rear ended by a new Ford Explorer and I was able to drive the Pilot safely away after a 60+mph impact which destroyed the Ford. I was unharmed; unfortunately the person who hit me had to be extricated and was injured. The Pilot's cabin was NOT compromised and the rear window did not break. THIS is the type of 3rd row build you want with kids in a car! I will be getting a new Pilot soon - it did nearly $14k damage to the old one and over $32k to the Ford Explorer. Someone will salvage the old Pilot as it still runs like a champ. This car NEVER had to go in for any repair whatsoever prior to getting rear-ended - nothing! I've owned a lot of vehicles but this Pilot epitomizes RELIABILITY and SAFETY. Just check iihs for safety ratings.