Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Our Third Odyssey Should Tell You Something!
By Robert Estes

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice size for city driving with easy parking and reasonable cargo space. Good visibility and easy to drive. Engine and drive train are durable and ride is comfortable. Some road noise, but partially caused by mud and snow tires. Very nice climate control system and comfortable entry and exit from vehicle. Dealership service was excellent and have never needed anything other than routine maintenance.

Lemon but just out of qualification
By KClowdus

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my odyssey... but sadly it doesn't love me. I bought my car used it was an early lease return fully certified used honda. It has been in and out of the shop a dozen times since i bout it in june of 2014. I have had issues with the radio, seat heaters, doors, front end, pistons, my alternator went out and they even charged me for the battery that needed to be replaced after the alternator killed it... once the dealer lift broke and damaged my car. They've asked if I had been in an accident 6 months after I bought it.. itt has never been in an accident. I have put less than 30k miles on it in 4 years and sadly every issue has been different and just slightly further apart than the 18 month requirement therefore doesn't qualify for lemon status. Currently my car is in the shop with the steering column having issues and a new power steering fluid pump needed. The trim is decaying on a car that isn't that old. Ugh.. I bought this car to last through my children's childhood.. and now I have to have my extended warranty people come inspect my car.. I'll be broke soon.. well more broke than I already am.

115k Miles and No Drama
By BrianG

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In one sentence? So far, so good. In five years of ownership, we've followed the maintenance minder religiously, changing stuff as needed. Replaced rear brakes at 45k and 95k, fronts at 41k and about due for another round. Did the 'midlife crisis' maintenance to replace the timing belt and water pump at 105k for $1,100 or so. We're on our third set of tires. No transmission issues so far. I guess what I'm saying is we've had a totally normal, boring ownership experience. Our Ody has provided great gas mileage (16 city and 27 hwy) and we've schlepped our family of five, family of five plus in-laws, the whole baseball team, etc. with no problem. Funny how our kids will never experience 'ten kids in a Buick Skylark going to the roller rink' (progress?). Pros: Great power, comfort, handling, easy to park, and man can this thing swallow stuff. Dressers, bikes, beds, you-name-it. Our neighbor with a Chevy Tahoe has asked us for help hauling stuff for him. Cons: The driver's side seat heat never really worked after 42k miles and we have the clicky-sound people have complained about in the steering. Also, if you have a narrow single-car garage door, watch your mirrors! It's no Mini-Cooper. Bottom line, if you need a mini-van and still have a burning desire for something that sort-of handles, this is the vehicle you're seeking.

Hopefully mine was just a lemon
By Chris

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this used from a Honda dealer, had 45k miles on it at the time. We took it to colorado that year, and it shook violently when braking. I grew up driving the mountains, and I downshift, the brakes or discs were bad when sold to us. We took it back to the dealer, and after being told they fixed it, took it back home, but still a small vibration just on local highways. Within a year, it started knocking on small bumps. The warranty was out, and it cost over 4000 to repair whatever that was. We are at 117k miles now, so we had the timing belt and other maintenance done for various sensors that were going bad, new belts, etc, another 4800. Somewhere in there I have replaced the same spark plug 3 times, and 2 oxy sensors. Now it is shaking the steering wheel violently at 60 mph. And we just had a front end alignment done before that started. A few weeks ago, the cable motor that pulls sliding door got stuck in open position, couldn't close the door, had to remove the hinge, found the pulley was eaten up by the cable. Frankly, I'm concerned with keeping this money pit much longer.

Very comfortable
By Rod

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good power, good handling, great comfort