Used 2010 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Excellent for family. Decent mpg. Reliable
By DiVa_3181377

2010 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new. Used it for lots of long trips and daily city trips. Pros: Super reliable, power, decent mpg, good steering feel, low maintenance cost and excellent family hauler. Cons: Thin paint, eats tires (heavy car), warped rotors which cause wobble at highway speed braking. Engine mounts were shot at around 78K. City mpg could be little bit better. Aftermarket batteries last lot longer. Regular service is affordable at dealership. Wish it had a timing chain instead of belt.

"comfy Dumfy"
By MMWheatley

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have enjoyed this Odyssey for almost 8 years now. It has taken us across the country NC to UT a number of times, super comfortable! Grands love it for room and the entertainment.... It's just time for Grandma to have a change and maybe something a bit smaller and hopefully as comfortable! If she can't match the comfort, she'll have to go with another Odyssey!

bought the van
By dave

2010 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Buy it ... It's a Honda!!!

It was a great run...Until it wasn't!
By Howard

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey new and have loved it and had no problems with it...until three weeks ago. We have maintained it very regularly in necessary ways. Other than the excessive road noise (so much noise!), we have been exceedingly happy with it. Until three weeks ago when an odd noise started happening. After ruling out the transmission and engine problems, it has been determined that we have an internal problem with a rod. The only answer is total engine overhaul or a total engine replacement. We were told by Honda "Tough Luck!" with no further explanation. I called Honda America's service line and was essentially told the same thing. I have sworn by Honda...Until now. The service guy at the dealership said that he had never seen this on a car this well maintained. Great...I guess I won the lottery where I loss $6,000 of my money instead of winning.

It's Not A Porsche - And Isn't Meant to Be
By Rob

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this to soak up some long distance travel miles to keep them off of my twin turbo Porsche Macan S while lugging kids and stuff long distance. So far it's doing exactly what I'm asking it to do, so I'm pleased. It handles like a wet sponge, but hey, it's a van. Can't fault it for doing exactly as it was designed to do.

6 Month Update!! Have put 5000 miles on the van, now at 108K, oil life is at 40%, averages a solid reliable 300 miles per tank and 20mpg. No mechanical problems at all this thing is a tank, brakes have a little flutter but I consider those consumables, not mechanical. The electronic nannies are aggressive, the slightest wheel spin, wet road, gust of wind and she lights up and all the "stop having any fun" electronic controls kick in to keep me from anything but slow and steady and straight ahead - oh well. Some water issues, both rear tail lights filled with water some seal somewhere must be bad somewhere so I drained them, and the driver A-pillar was dripping a tiny amount of water in a recent storm - odd. I've noticed a huge number of these Honda vans on the road since getting one as a second car. All conditions. Clearly mechanically these are built to last, they sold a lot of them and I bet almost all of them are still on the road. Impressive, Honda.