Used 2010 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

Used Odyssey for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

May Outlast Me

Jim Stein, 12/13/2015
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At five years and 56,000 miles we find our Odyssey hasn't aged as much as I have, thank goodness. Vehicle's outside appearance is still very good, interior shows little wear, engine still sounds and feels sound, transmission doesn't whine, gas mileage still ranges around 20 to 24 mpg (on the road), handling hasn't loosened up to any significant degree and resale value is excellent. The problems I have with this vehicle have to do with braking (although there's never been a loss of braking there's a softer pedal than I like) and when you do longer road trips across the prairies you have to be aware you're not driving a Ford, for example, with a Ford dealer and shop in almost every town. With a Honda reliability is mandatory because dealerships are generally located in cities and often cities are few and far between. So, we do like our Odyssey because it's been a great "buy" and a vehicle that lives up to its reputation. Now, in 2017, at a little over 64,000 miles the vehicle still handles well (except for the stupid brakes), rides well, looks good and I can't see why we need to replace it. I'm still impressed with the Honda resale value and that's made buying the Odyssey a wise investment. In 2020 we have a new CR-V in our garage to keep our Odyssey company. This will be the 4th new Honda and we are still so pleased with this make and the models. The Odyssey nears 80,000 miles, we've done the timing belt and other goodies according to recommendations, have new tires on it and this is still the long trip go-to vehicle. Ride is still comfortable with none of the squeaking, groaning, rattling old age noises of 10 year old vehicles. At oil changes our dealer's shop provides us with a check list and last time the wipers needed replacement. Besides tires that brings us to repair and replacement items of one tail light and three sets of wipers - in 10 years and 80,000 miles. No doubt the Odyssey is in better shape than I am.

It's Not A Porsche - And Isn't Meant to Be

Rob, 10/02/2017
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this to soak up some long distance travel miles to keep them off of my twin turbo Porsche Macan S while lugging kids and stuff long distance. So far it's doing exactly what I'm asking it to do, so I'm pleased. It handles like a wet sponge, but hey, it's a van. Can't fault it for doing exactly as it was designed to do. 6 Month Update!! Have put 5000 miles on the van, now at 108K, oil life is at 40%, averages a solid reliable 300 miles per tank and 20mpg. No mechanical problems at all this thing is a tank, brakes have a little flutter but I consider those consumables, not mechanical. The electronic nannies are aggressive, the slightest wheel spin, wet road, gust of wind and she lights up and all the "stop having any fun" electronic controls kick in to keep me from anything but slow and steady and straight ahead - oh well. Some water issues, both rear tail lights filled with water some seal somewhere must be bad somewhere so I drained them, and the driver A-pillar was dripping a tiny amount of water in a recent storm - odd. I've noticed a huge number of these Honda vans on the road since getting one as a second car. All conditions. Clearly mechanically these are built to last, they sold a lot of them and I bet almost all of them are still on the road. Impressive, Honda.

Quart of oil every 1,000 miles is OK?!

Gerry M., 07/08/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 7,000-8,000 miles, the engine light came on & the car ran so rough my wife was afraid to drive it 1/2 mile to our house. After a tow to the dealer, they can't figure out where the oil is going, but replace the oil and the spark plugs (which are fouled). After several 1,000 mile checks on the oil consumption, I am told today that HONDA USA finds the disappearance of one quart of oil per 1,000 miles to be Acceptable, and there is no repair to be made. But they are researching it and will get back to me. Um, yeah, right. I had a 1987 Honda Civic that gave me over 120,000 miles before it was wrecked by another driver. Quite a letdown to know Honda quality has sunk so low today.

Excellent for family. Decent mpg. Reliable

DiVa_3181377, 07/09/2018
EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new. Used it for lots of long trips and daily city trips. Pros: Super reliable, power, decent mpg, good steering feel, low maintenance cost and excellent family hauler. Cons: Thin paint, eats tires (heavy car), warped rotors which cause wobble at highway speed braking. Engine mounts were shot at around 78K. City mpg could be little bit better. Aftermarket batteries last lot longer. Regular service is affordable at dealership. Wish it had a timing chain instead of belt.

It was a great run...Until it wasn't!

Howard, 10/25/2017
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey new and have loved it and had no problems with it...until three weeks ago. We have maintained it very regularly in necessary ways. Other than the excessive road noise (so much noise!), we have been exceedingly happy with it. Until three weeks ago when an odd noise started happening. After ruling out the transmission and engine problems, it has been determined that we have an internal problem with a rod. The only answer is total engine overhaul or a total engine replacement. We were told by Honda "Tough Luck!" with no further explanation. I called Honda America's service line and was essentially told the same thing. I have sworn by Honda...Until now. The service guy at the dealership said that he had never seen this on a car this well maintained. Great...I guess I won the lottery where I loss $6,000 of my money instead of winning.

12345...17