Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Odyssey for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

VCM a total flaw

Herb Tolawinski, 09/20/2015
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wish I could like the car but I'm tired of the repeated visits to the dealer to fix what really is a faulty engineering issue. VCM creates more problems than it solves. I wish that wasn't so. The Honda techs are saying this and, almost, apologetic about it. I wish that I could do my part to cut down on fuel consumption to be environmentally friendly. The problem is, the poorly implemented VCM causes me to go through 5 quarts of oil every 5,000 miles. I've had to replace cylinder rings and motor mounts and things are still not right. There's a TSB for this that's supposed to cover 2008+ vehicles but, for whatever reason, it doesn't apply to mine. So I'm stuck with the options to sell it (and pass this nightmare on to someone else who will develop the same feelings about Honda as I) or to remain on a first name basis with the Service Manager.

Need to discover noise

LEONA WILLIAMS, 08/07/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van has been making a popping and clicking noise in the front took it to the dealer several times the techs can not figure the problem. Right now the problem still exist problem can't be found, car is still under warranty. I received a rental and they called me back stating that the car was fixed, when driving of in the vehicle the noise still exist can someone please give me some legal advice. Thought when I got a Honda, I thought I was getting the best now I feel like I got a piece of junk. Should have gotten a Chevy. I am very disappointed

Do Not Buy a Honda - Many Problems

steve, 03/10/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a lemon and has transmission and engine problems. Torque Converter problem with transmission is a known problem they can't fix. They keep getting service updates for the computer but still can t figure it out. Seems like Honda is on its way to Toyotaville. So many problems covered up so the reliability of Japanese cars is now just history. Too bad.

Honest Review / Inferior Vehicle

OddVan, 03/16/2009
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle purchased new 08/07. Have had many issues that started as early as 500 miles including dead battery, headlamp switch short, relays short, clunking noises to front undercarriage, steering column replacement, slider door safety locks freeze preventing sliders to lock while open, rattles to right door trim panels. The newest of the problems now at 21K to address with dealer is the headliner seam coming apart and the heater controls not functioning properly. We have NEVER been so unhappy with a vehicle. Traded our 02 Toy Sienna, what a mistake. Tried trading this vehicle in, dealers are offering low trade... now I wonder if the reliability factor was utilized in the low trade offers.

Great Engine/Questionable Build Quality

BMerbler, 10/29/2010
EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey has been a great vehicle for our kids. We traded a 2004 Honda Pilot for the van. The shift has made it much more convenient to travel with the kids. The engine runs smooth and provides ample acceleration in the context of family vehicles. The quality overall is less impressive. Our van has just over 48k on it and has a several issues. First, it is already in need of CV joints for the front right and left sides ($600- $700), the leather on the drivers seat arm has already worn a hole (my wife is only 118 lbs-should be easy wear), housing cover on the roof for my satellite radio blew off exposing wires, rear tail light already burned out.

12345...33