Skip to main content

$24,598
84 for sale near you
1...

5 out of 5 stars

Great car for the money!

Noah, 01/04/2024
2024 Honda HR-V Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I went from a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB with all the bells and whistles with AMG stlyling, which I loved, to the HRV Sport. The HRV Sport has the kind of style I loved about my Mercedes and an impressive interior fit and finish for the price. It’s a great car for my daily commute and I appreciate the AWD in case of poor weather conditions. If you are looking for a great standard commuter vehicle with some added style and a nice ride, you will not be disappointed in the HRV. I also appreciate the blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control and automatic headlights with the auto brights feature as well.

4 out of 5 stars

Great for price and reliability, but minor complai

Adelyn, 10/11/2023
2024 Honda HR-V Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I will first say that I do not regret my purchase. However, if we are comparing this vehicle to other brands that are known to have a lot of bells and whistles, with less reliability, then yes, buyer beware. I love the spaciousness of the trunk area. I love the style, especially in black and the sports trim that comes with the black rims and I will say the overall drive of it is beautiful. It is not a supercar, so don’t even try to think of comparing it to that. If you are someone that drives comfortably and cautiously, as most should, then the whole, not having super speed would not be an issue to you. There are very minor complaints that I have about the overall style and feel of this car but again I would not regret my purchase. I will say one of the things that I do not like is the fact that it does not have many regular USB ports for the CarPlay or in the front in general it only has two additional USB-C ports in the middle part of the console which most of us are still working off a USB so I don’t know if this is just ahead of our time. I will say one of the other things that maybe I’m missing - I hope to be missing to be honest - is the fact that it does not have the ability to check your current tire pressure. Thank goodness it does have a current oil life meter. One of the other things that I will say, is that for some odd reason Honda in general, and this applies to even other models, such as the CRV, is the fact that their seatbelt buckle anchor if you will, for the driver and passenger seats are angled inwards, which, if the seat is not positioned in the right spot, it will end up kind of pushing into your hip if you are wide set. When I think about comfortability of the seats, I’m not gonna say it is the absolute most comfortable seat I’ve ever sat in but when you get used to it and I’ve even adjusted by adding a middle console pillow cushion, as well as one on the door frame, this helps. I do not like that it only has a cigarette port that is located in the trunk, took me a while to find it. I do not like that the back seat does not have a middle pull down cupholder or vents, which to be honest, I could care less because there is rarely anybody in the backseat, and another thing I will say I don’t know if it is just a fluke but I’ve been having an issue where the back right passenger seatbelt warning will come on at random times when I have turned that option off and there is nothing in that seat so it could just be that I have to reset the system but I hope that it’s not a prolonged issue. With that being said, most people that do buy Honda buy it for the reliability and because there are a lot more people that work on Honda vehicles, something related to maintenance may not be as big of a deal as if you had one of the other brands that are not known for reliability, and may cost you more in the long run. So again, if you’re an average individual who mainly drives alone and doesn’t need a ton of space, but is looking for a stylish vehicle, so far it has been all that.

3 out of 5 stars

Coming from a 2018 HRV, I was hoping for more!

Matthew Protano, 10/16/2023
2024 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Going into my first legitimate car purchase at 25 I wanted the car equivalent of a toaster. I was in search of an appliance like no drama type user experience, but not something comply devoid of soul. My partner and I had a 2018 HRV for a 2 year lease a fee years ago, so it only made sense to take a look at the new generation HRV since I was back in the car market. I walked into my local Honda dealer and 4 hours later walked out with Fabienne, my metallic grey 2024 HRV LX AWD. I have a tendency to ramble, so to name the pros: firstly, I love my two tone light interior with the digital gauges, I think it makes my base model LX look much more premium. Also the usage of interior space/ergonomic design are usable yet very stylish. Secondly, I really enjoy the lane keep assist system and how easy it makes long distance driving. It is a bit sensitive and follows weird divots in the road sometimes, but works great for the most part. Third, I really appreciate dramatic evolution in ride quality compared to last generation. My surefooted ‘24 feels MUCH more substantial and composed; vital for commuting these terrible NY roads. As for cons on my HRV: my first and biggest issue with this car is the way the stereo makes the the interior rattle and shake like a late 90s Kia. I have to have the bass set all the way down and still the cheapy speakers crunch and rattle the door panels. It really takes away from driving enjoyment and becomes distracting and almost punishing, I cant believe honda didnt work this out during quality testing. I love being in the car and listening to music, so its a shame it sounds and feels SO terrible. Second, the fact carplay is only accessible through the one single USB in whole car under the center stack is insane to me. When I first was leaving the dealer, I was pretty shocked that there was no wireless carplay, but even more so when I realized that neither USB-C ports found on the center console were usable for carplay either. This ties in to my third con about Honda cheaping out in general. Honda made it scary apparent how much they were cutting costs in these cars with the lack of USB/12v outlets, no lights in the fold down vanities, and no center armrest/vents for rear seat. I just feel there were many unnecessary choices made that cheapen this car for no reason. I also take issue with the fact that theres only one single 12v port in trunk and not even ONE household style 3 prong outlet; Its honestly shameful in the SUV category. Lastly I miss the paddle shifters found on the previous generation of HRV. They were a great help when merging and helped keep the rpms where I wanted for predictable driving. I find myself wishing for the paddle shifters back quite literally every time I get behind the wheel of my ‘24. Overall I absolutely adore this little suv, but it in no way has the soul or is representative of the previous generation. I really enjoy the simplicity of the driving experience, but find myself sometimes wishing I took a peak at a Mazda dealer before I viewed my HRV; Especially after hearing about the tons of people dealing with their new HRV’s rear windows spontaneously shattering. I expect some sort of recall incoming soon…hopefully😅

5 out of 5 stars

The more we drive it, the more we like it

JeanMM, 03/07/2024
2024 Honda HR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 2024 Honda HR-V in December 2023 and have to say, the more my spouse and I drive it, the more we like it. If you’re looking for a vehicle with a touch- screen to control everything, this is not the car for you. (I had one of those previously in a 2022 Subaru Outback and didn’t care for that. I prefer knobs I can turn and buttons I can push without taking my eyes off the road.) I had previously owned a 2006 HR-V Sport so I was familiar with both the brand and the model but wanted something a little nicer. I selected the AWD EX-L trim this time and am really pleased with it. The car has a nice touch screen for the phone and audio controls and the car also has nicely placed steering wheel controls for these as well. The entire dash area has a nice minimalist feel to it with knobs and buttons for climate controls. These are convenient and easy to learn and operate without having to take your eyes off the road. The heated front seats in this trim are more padded and comfortable. The car is equipped with a sunroof and has a generous cargo area. We are pleased with the gas mileage and on a recent trip we were getting 37 mpg on the highway. Performance in a recent snow event was good. The only options that I wish this vehicle had would be an electronic liftgate and increased app-connected features but these weren’t things we can’t live without. For safety this trim comes equipped with lane monitoring that alerts you but isn’t annoying. It also has alerts for getting too close to objects as well as lighted mirror alerts for vehicles in your blind spot. We did a lot of research before our purchase - Edmunds reviews, Carfax, NHTSA and IIHS so we knew what we were looking at and looking for. We wanted a dependable vehicle that was comfortable to drive and ride in with convenience and safety features at our fingertips without being distracting and we think our HR-V has fit the bill nicely.

From 2021 to 2024 HR-V

JB, 01/03/2024
2024 Honda HR-V Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2021 HR-V due to lease expiring. I absolutely loved my 2021 and was upset that my two favorite features from the 2021 model are not offered on the 2024. 1. 2024 does not offer the right turn blind spot camera. That feature is the best feature on any vehicle. 2. Sirius XM is not offered on my trim level. (I have the Sport trim level). Im not techy and offering Apple Car Play and Android Auto does means nothing to me. I loved Sirius XM radio on my 2021 model so I could listen to the radio commercial free when I'd had enough of the same Playlist from my streaming service, Spotify, on Android Auto. The audio technology on the 2024 model was a disappointment. All in all I think I'll enjoy the 2024 model for the next few years. Hoping the future model bring back those two features sooner rather than later.

1...