Skip to main content

Used HR-V for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

First SUV I've owned and really love this one

WD Holt, 02/28/2019
EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned mostly two seater sports cars my entire life but at my age--mid 60s--I needed something that could haul more stuff plus was physically easier to get in and out of. I traded in a 2015 Honda CR-Z hybrid and was prepared to have to spend a lot of time adjusting to the HR-V...turned out not to be the case. Despite the obvious difference in height and handling, the HR-V was actually fun to drive. Handling for a compact SUV was really nice, with very good road feel. I was amazed at how great the gas mileage is. My first freeway trip of about 100 miles round-trip averaging +/- 70mph, I easily got 40 mpg on the trip meter; the CR-Z was only slightly better. Stop and go is not as good but at around 23mpg it is still credible. Everything mentioned in the Edmunds review is pretty accurate: acceptable--not great--front seat comfort; fantastic versatility for cargo carrying; display menus not intuitive and split among different touch, button and menu deep options. Most loved features so far: auto lock and unlock will spoil you forever. I also think the cabin interior design and materials look fabulous for the price point on this. I originally looked at a Subaru Crosstrek and the interior looked like a middle school science project by comparison in addition to it having all the driving charm of a half-track...I hated it. All in all, I am falling in love with this HR-V and can't imagine being much happier with anything else out there. Although I am leasing it for peanuts after my trade-in was applied, if it holds up well I don't know why I wouldn't just pay off the residual and own it at the end of my lease. I warmly recommend you checking out the Honda HR-V. I think you are in for a very pleasant surprise.

Traded my Honda Fit for HRV EX-L

Rich in newark, 02/10/2019
updated 08/11/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchase price $700 below sticker. It's roomier, quieter, and safer than my 2017 Fit. The HRV has honda sensing safety tech which seems easy enough to operate. The magic folding rear seats (as in the Fit) are the deal clincher as we have a 100 pound dog. Not a fan of the midnight amethyst paint - I wanted white. This car is superior to the Fit in every regard except the gas mileage. Tires are larger, quieter, and take corners better. Higher ground clearance is a plus.

Road trip friendly

Taylor, 03/25/2019
LX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Because I enjoy traveling often, a vehicle being road trip friendly was at the top of my list when I was searching for a new vehicle. I was considering a lot of different SUVs until I stumbled upon the Honda HR-V. I took it for a test drive and I fell in love instantly. I absolutely love my new Honda HR-V. I traded in my old 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport for the HR-V and don't regret it for a second. This vehicle is GREAT on gas compared to the Jeep and is an excellent commuter vehicle. I've already taken my HR-V on two road trips and she drives like a dream. The seats are comfortable, I love the extra USB port so I can charge more than one thing, I love the Apple CarPlay (and it connects automatically whenever I turn the car on), and there's loads of space! This is an excellent starter SUV; you get all the room without the bulk! If you're considering buying an SUV for the first time, I highly recommend the Honda HR-V.

A lemon

Dale, 02/14/2019
updated 09/14/2020
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After driving my car for less than 5 months, he turned to be a lemon. Issues with the Bluetooth and GPS, Electrical, and missing parts from the manufacturer. I have taken the car to the dealership over and over again, and they don’t do anything to fix the vehicle. I’m still having issues. Honda has been awful. Sad, as I’ve been a loyal customer for 10 years. This is also my 5th honda and if they don’t take any responsibility, it will be my last. They assigned a regional manager that didn’t care about my needs and did not return my calls. I had to send a request to the attorney general for arbitration for Honda to pay attention and someone return my calls. Interesting to say that since I contacted Honda, the dealership started to send text, mail, and email about buying a new car using my HRV equity. Why would I buy a new car when my car is new?Clearly, they know the car is a lemon and don’t want to do the right thing. Very disappointed with Honda and the Dealership. After driving my car for less than 5 months, he turned to be a lemon. Issues with the Bluetooth and GPS, Electrical, and missing parts from the manufacturer. I have taken the car to the dealership over and over again, and they don’t do anything to fix the vehicle. I’m still having issues. Honda has been awful. Sad, as I’ve been a loyal customer for 10 years. This is also my 5th honda and if they don’t take any responsibility, it will be my last. They assigned a regional manager that didn’t care about my needs and did not return my calls. I had to send a request to the attorney general for arbitration for Honda to pay attention and someone return my calls. Interesting to say that since I contacted Honda, the dealership started to send text, mail, and email about buying a new car using my HRV equity. Why would I buy a new car when my car is new?Clearly, they know the car is a lemon and don’t want to do the right thing. Very disappointed with Honda and the Dealership.

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

Better than expected

Joey, 06/03/2019
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great driving car. Quite, responsive, and drives comfortably. Also great gas mileage and I believe in Honda quality. I read some of the reviews about the lack of power and engine vibrations. But I do not sense any of that. Perhaps it’s because I purchased a 2019 and those prior mentioned negative comments has been resolved with this new HRV release. That’s just my assumption. But my personal observations that this cars is underestimated. Within its price range and class this car is outstanding. It’s not like my Honda Pilot or BMW, but nevertheless my HRV Sport is worthy for long road trips or for just daily commuting. I just wish I bumped up to the EX version but I’m happy.

12345...15