Used 2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:

My 3rd Honda hybrid
By Gifford Walker

2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's not sporty nor hybrid enough for the hard-core in either camp but I find it a great compromise. That may sound bad to some but I love it for that & can't say enough about the CVT. Having one before and another on our other car, I am pleased with the economy of a CVT anyway but this one including the three modes (four when you figure out the "Sport" can work as automatic OR paddle shifted) makes for a quite broad range of "compromise". Enjoy!

If you want a hybrid with a stick, this is the one
By ToeMoss

2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

This is the only hybrid on the market that is available with a manual transmission. It is a 2-seater, with a very large cargo area, great for trips to Costco. The car is fun to drive, reliable like most Hondas, and performs well. It has 3 driving modes--normal, eco, and sport. I usually drive in eco mode, but it will really take off in sport mode. Looks great too!

Great little CRZ
By CRZ Driver

2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Good car, total enjoyment to drive

my Honda CRZ 2013
By Erte27

2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Have had my Z for about four years now just love it . It's The most fun I've had in a car in a long time . I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone not sure why people think no backseat Is a bad thing . other cars have backseats and are very uncomfortable .most people drive in cars by themselves . I get 37 miles per gallon always have it in sport. ( guess I could get better gas mileage if I try probably wouldn't be as much fun )

I came from a 430HP M3. And I couldn't be happier!
By crzducatiman

2013 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Yes, I sold my 08 BMW M3, which was a beast. But I got sick of spending $73 for gas 2.5 times per week on my 55 miles to work.

I got the CR-Z because I wanted a hybrid but still have some fun.

The car teaches you how to drive efficiently. It's like playing a video game while driving.

My 1+ hour commutes are over in NO TIME now. Not because I'm going faster, but because I'm having more fun. It's awesome. (This is also because the CR-Z EX has an AMAZING stereo. Sound is unbelievable.

The EPA estimates on MPG are WAY off. I just got over 53 MPG the other day in economy mode!

I love that I can drive in econ mode but hit the S+ button for full electric power to pass!

Fun performance (you can actually get HPD or aftermarket upgrades to increase HP to make this a serious sports car), hot looks, interior is so high tech everyone loves it, comfort, actual MPG is amazing - I am saving so much money, fun to upgrade (carbon fiber parts, etc.), S+ button on 2013+ models, killer stereo with the EX package, Manual Transmission is awesome and fun to drive, very good looking exterior and interior.

1. Make the passenger window auto like the drivers (you can get an aftermarket part to do this but it should be stock IMHO). Small gripe though.