2017 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 247 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

We got a lemon and no one would help us
By Deb Joshel

2017 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

So very disappointed in Honda. So glad to be rid of this haunted car, warning lights flashing when nothing was wrong, scaring the crap out of us while flying down the highway at 70 mph. There is something wrong with the electrical system in this car, but all the mechanics know to do is to move the EZ Pass. Don't waste your money on this car. Something is very wrong with it and Honda won't admit it.

Best small SUV
By Jere Hodges

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The CRV is an exceptional vehicle. The performance is surprisingly good for a 1.5 turbo. The front seat comfort is excellent Fuel economy exceeds advertised MPG and the interval between service is great. The car is enjoyable to drive either around town or on the road. The only downside is the touch screen radio controls, it is necessary to take your eyes off the road to change radio stations, and the car lacks a CD player which makes my extensive CD collection obsolete. Also I have to re-connect my phone every time I start the car, but that is probably because I use an old flip-phone. The pros far out weigh the cons on this vehicle and I would purchase it again.

Great car, horrible Apple CarPlay
By Ernie

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Love the car. Hate it’s poor connection with Apple CarPlay. It’s a Honda issue, because I rented a Chevrolet SUV and the Apple CarPlay was flawless in it. Honda says they are aware of it, but have no solution. If the CarPlay worked, it would be a perfect car.

Nice vehicle but gasoline in the oil!
By Paul Johnson

2017 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Nice vehicle but no heat in the winter. Gasoline in the oil and now oil changes every month!

All Good Until I checked my Oil
By ziggy

2017 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Like I said all was good until I checked my oil for the first time. I found the reading to be an inch above the fill dot on the stick, I called the dealer and they had me come in. They were fair about an acknowledged that Honda was having problems with gas getting into the oil on 1.5 Turbos. They esitmated I had 33 % of my oil was gas. I was informed that Honda has no fix and to watch my oil level. So my review is be careful about the new CRV's 1.5 T....and check your oil. I'm assuming this is a big problem from futher investigation on the internet.