2017 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sporty, safe, reliable, so much fun to drive!
By Amy S

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car is very fun to drive. Reliability and safety of the cr-v is what attracted me in the first place, but the newly added turbo engine (to all models but the LX after 2017) is what tipped the scales. This model also has an excellent sound system and very comfortable bucket seats in front and back with impressive lumbar support. The well thought out storage (from cup holders to the cargo area) sets the cr-v apart.

Road Noise
By Tim Strom

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my 3rd CRV and though the road noise problems with the others (2002, 2009) the 2017 is better in that aspect. My car came with M/S tires and they are noisy on rough surfaces - worn concrete blacktop that has been torn up by studded tires. I do think that a lot of it could be taken care of with a less aggressive tire tread. I am about 1/2 way through a 3 year lease and the car has only about 5500 miles on it so will not invest money in different tires until I make a decision to buy the car at the end of the lease. Other than that, I truly think that it is the best car that I have ever owned!

Honda Reputation Hype
By R Morris

2017 Honda CR-V Touring 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We bought a left over 2017 Touring (2WD) in early 2018. It was purchased primarily as my wife's vehicle. Overall she is satisfied although, like me, thinks the electronics across the board are marginal (we are tech knowledgeable). I am a very knowledgeable car enthusiast,my gripes are as follows: the CVT transmission is awful, the electronics are marginal, the door storage pockets are placed badly (unless you hug the steering wheel), the design of the rear entrance is bad-if you lean into the back to get anything your clothes will rub against the tire, the selection mode for driver seat positioning does not include the mirrors, the gas mileage has not matched the listed ratings. We have driven Acura models for the past 25 years, our latest being a 2015 TLX, and I am disappointed in it. So what's going on at Honda?

LOVE OUR CR-V
By The AF Chief

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a great mid-sized SUV. I thought at first I would miss having my Malibu, but after only a week, this is the best car I have ever owned.

A/C and Battery Defects
By Deborah

2017 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

First I had a defective battery at around 6000 miles. I drove it to the dealer because all the control panel lights came on and the brake pedal jerked repeatedly when I pressed the ignition. Dealer replaced the battery. Then around 12,000 miles the ac stopped working. Dealer said it was a cracked ac compressor and kinked wires so they replaced the entire system. Since then it's been good, but I'm still getting the extended HondaCare warranty from Hyannis Honda (cheapest) in case something else comes up. Love the safety features.