Used 2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

It is a Honda
By Jose vejar

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I am really happy with my first generation crv. Mine is 2000 and it has 216k miles and runs like new...not a single problem. I will keep it until the wheels fall off.

Absolutely indestructible!!
By Matt Williams

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I have 135k on the car. I use Mobil 1, which is likely one of the reasons the car burns zero oil. However, the reality is that Honda engines are extremely reliable, regardless of oil used. The only issue, after 17.5 years, is a cosmetic one -- Hondas from this time frame rust, and mine is no exception. It has started on the front of the rear wheel wells. However, since I can't see the rust while I drive, I'm ok with it. Would never buy anything else.

I Love This Car
By WT

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My 2000 CR-V is not flashy or the most powerful car out there, but it has gotten the job done for 17 years and counting! I drive this to work, camping, coaching, off road (not too rough), highway, country, short trips, long road trips (longest is around 1,000 miles, round trip). It has hauled kids, soccer gear, baseball gear, camping supplies and more. I have been good about getting my maintenance from Honda. I have had very few repairs. A couple of major repairs in the last few years, the radiator being the biggest. This has been a dependable car for my family. I will be sad when it can finally go no more. The turn radius is crappy and it isn't the zippiest car on the road, but I would buy another 2000 CR-V in a heartbeat. That won't happen, its day is done, but I will at least look at the current model CR-V when this does finally die.

The best car ... in the world!
By dasagfx@gmail.com

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Bought a 2000 CRV in 2011 with 198,000 miles on it. It was a good decision; we have already put 60,000 miles on it with hardly any issues. Tire changes and oil changes. Biggest repair bill was a starter coil issue, can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't any financial difficulty and I replaced it myself.

While they were figuring out what was wrong with my starter coil (this was at 227,000 miles) they discovered that one of the 4 cylinders was at 1/2 compression. Uh oh, time to get a new car? They said it would start overheating, I would get low gas mileage, etc. That was a year and 30,000 miles ago, it still gets 30 MPG in the summer (we trip-meter every gas tank, it's pretty consistent). Never overheated, even going 80 MPG on the Montana highways, up mountains, etc. We drove to Missouri and back since hearing the bad news. A/C and heater still work, power windows, lights, everything. Only annoyances are the seatbelts not retracting after turning off (every vehicle I've owned had this issue), road noise (spraying silicon lubricant on the old rubber weather seals around doors fixes it), and noise when making sharp left turns.

Also, spare tire may explode if left in sun, best to make sure to keep a tire cover or park in garage.

So here's what's up, get one of these. $4500 including repairs we paid for 60,000 miles of good gas mileage = 13 miles per $. That's better than $16,000 for a small SUV that you put 200,000 miles on, and we're still counting. Good in the snow, good in town, good in the highway. Small and easy to park anywhere, but seats 5 and storage.

Great SUV!!
By tallchris01

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our CR-V in 2011 with 115K miles on it for a steal.
Since then we've taken half a dozen long trips in it (900 - 2000 miles each) without a single complaint.
It is surprisingly comfortable and big enough for our family of 4 (and I'm 6'5") and a trunk full of stuff.
Looks great, easy to clean, 27mpg on the hwy.
We've put 53K miles on it in less than 3 years.
Maintenance costs are very reasonable.

*Update: At 208K the engine burned exhaust valve #1 and that was that! Donated to PBS!