Used 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Piece of crap
By Jeremiah

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

These cars are known to go bad , hybrid batteries go out mind did and Honda won't make good ,as Toyota does on there's. the car makers got big! Tax break and left consumer screwed. Don't ever think about buying one!

Honda Civic Hybrid - Be Aware of Repair Costs
By Susan Isly

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The one thing I would like everyone to know before buying this car and maybe other cars is that the cost to replace the AC compressor is beyond what I would expect to pay. I would not have bought the car, if I had known in advance the cost of this repair - AC compressor: $1,076 (an AC compressor for a whole house is $180!), the coil: $157, and the clutch for the compressor: $390. Add 6-7 hours of labor and the total is $2,600 - from 2 dealerships. Independent service shops cannot help much, because of the cost of the parts. It is interesting that I don't see much about maintenance costs on web sites or in magazines when reviewing cars. I understand businesses need to make a profit; however, this is excessive.

Great Value may be the last car I ever buy!
By NICK DIMAIO

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At 137,000 miles 37,000 miles over the warranty. Honda pay 50% of my repair charges on a brand new catalytic converter and a brand new Hybrid battery. Unbelievable saving me over $2,300. Nick

I love it ! buy one but understand this technology first.
By fyler

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The build quality is awesome, interiors look kinda luxury especially with the blue cloth color, I like the futuristic dashboard.The only thing I don't like is the location of the gas pedal (its like coming off the floor). A very dependable car.People who complaint about the MPG, they need to understand how to drive a hybrid car first, cruise before red lights, drive on 55-65 speed, don't floor the gas pedal etc.
I am at 80K miles and the IMA battery is working properly (this is my second Hybrid and I never got any IMA issues). People need to understand that the IMA technology has been matured enough that they don't need to get scared from the IMA because they are cheap to replace now.

Blue interiors, graphite exterior, dashboard, spacious backseat, it handles pretty good for a 1.3 L engine.

Moonroof, different alloy wheels, emergency brake different location, gas pedal location.

Thank God for this car!!!
By dreamaker9729

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Im not trying to knock anyone down because your opinion is your opinion, but im not complaining. I went from a 87' Chrysler 5th avenue to this car, it was a God send. I was getting 17 hwy on that thing and i put 50 dollars in 3 days later, im putting in 50 more. I guess when you come up with nothing and finally have something you appreciate it more...So buy one you'll love it!

I love the mpg, ac, heat, everything. lol and i cant hear the gears shift ;)