Used 2004 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 563 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Now I'm a believer!!
By Adam

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have always heard about hondas, but I was a big 3 guy. After hearing horror story after horror story on the big three. I wasn't impressed anymore either too many sensor issues, drivetrain problems. On new vehicles. So I decided to get a honda civic for my 80 mile commute back and forth to work. The guy that sold it to me put in a newer engine bc the previous one had blown. Even then their were some things that I had to fix. After investing 360 dollars and one weekend I have the car that is dependable and from what I found very easy to work on.

This car is a tank.
By Rachel Day

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is the most reliable little car! I love my Honda Civic--granted it isn't the quietest ride and definitely has to gather itself before accelerating on the freeway on ramp, BUT I've had this car for many years and now at a little over 150K miles it still is the most reliable car I've owned! Just have to check the oil every 1500 miles and it's good to keep on going. They just don't make them like this one anymore! If you need a basic, simple car this is a great choice!

220,000 miles and runs like new
By Jesse

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a car for the long haul. Runs like a champion. Ours has been in the family since Brand new and it has needed nothing but basic maintenance and minor repairs (plastic pieces, gasket seal, etc.) This is the Toyota truck of cars.

A reliable and low cost maintenance automobile!
By Alice Harnell

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This Honda Civic hybrid, purchased in 2004, is running perfectly. The hybrid battery was replaced once by the dealer at no cost to me. The car is completely dependable. When it hasn't been driven for several weeks, it will still start up immediately. My next car will be another Honda~

"I've wanted this car for 10 years!,
By Paul Moore

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You have to like 2 door cars, the versatility of a hatchback, and a slightly noisy ride, but this is a fun car to drive. The engine is 160hp and it will acceleratequickly. The front seats are supportive and the shifter is in a unique location.