2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2018 2.0T Sport Accord...4 day ownership review.
By P M from Arizona

2018 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

There are rattles and vibrations. This car had 7 miles purchased 4 days ago. On the way home from dealer I noticed it made vibrations after 1 hour on the road in the Arizona heat. Vibration and rattles from dash and from exhaust area. When I would travel 50 mph and take my foot off gas, car decelerates to 30 mph is when the rattling from exhaust occurred. Also rattling from engine and dash. This is an issue as web sites and YouTube has documented owners having similar issues.

Sporty look and handeling
By Bill Danner

2018 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always looked for a manual transmission when looking for a new car. I was surprised to see the Accord sedan sport 6 speed manual and was intrigued. After checking the price and limited availability I almost backed out of new in favor of used. I was trading a 2013 LX-S manual and the 2018 was the only option to move in to a newer model. Prior to the 2013 I had a 2009 civic manual with great pickup but small interior. I traded up to the 2013 Accord for more room but found that it had less zip than the Civic due to the increased weight. The same was true with the 2018 as the size increased the 1.5 lt engine is a little sluggish during acceleration. My wife also noticed this on her first outing. I guess the higher price for the 2.0 lt engine is warranted in this case. I am happy with the trade off between price and performance and the car is still fun to drive with plenty of interior room.

Is this an Acura?
By Greywolf

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I can't say enough good things about the handling, supple ride and performance on this EX-L. I really can't imagine a luxury car giving one much more in comfort. My only complaint is that Honda has eliminated some of the tech onour 2016 EX-L in order to keep costs of all that safety equipment from taking the car up over the $30K mark. The simplified dash is just adequate. What happened to the always present compass? What happened to that great right side camera? The blind spot warning on the left was a needed addition and those TWO video screens were a joke (needless redundancy) but Honda needs to start updating ALL lighting to LED, not just on the Touring model. The low beam LEDs are great, but WHY old-tech, yellow halogens for the high beams??? Makes no sense except Honda needed something to justify the $2,000 difference in trim levels. Cheap marketing tricks. Same with the exhaust ports. A turbo engine with two INVISIBLE downward exhausts???? C'mon, Honda, catch up with the rest of the pack with these features. But all-in-all, a wonderful car for the money. I traded a 2016 Civic Touring for this Accord and couldn't be happier.

A pretty little car but...
By M Witte

2018 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So I picked up my Accord back in late March of this year for 27K. I have the sport model with the 18" tires and a manual transmission which I appreciate since so many American cars don't come with a stick except at the higher end models. The car handles well, and overall I'm satisfied with it considering my job has my driving around 2000 miles a month. HOWEVER, as with any car there have been a couple issues. The touch screen is finicky and likes to freeze up when using Apple Car Play, you also have to connect it to the lightning port to use it which for some reason doesn't charge it while doing so. Additionally, make sure you check everything is installed correctly before driving off. I had a mirror come off in the car wash and even though their's no damage to the side mirror assembly, the mirror itself isn't covered under warranty because of "outside influences." as per the dealer and Honda of America.

Losing faith in Honda
By DS1

2018 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Make sure you watch the hood for flutter. Took 2 Honda Field Reps to Correct the issue 5 days after driving it off the lot. Also the car has a bad vibration feeling in the drivers and passengers seat between 45 and 65 miles an hour. Honda says it’s normal due to the 19” 40 low profile tires. BS...Won’t even esacalte my request to repair or replace the car at Honda Corporate now going on 15 days to get someone from Honda corporate to call me back. My 2015 V6 coupe, which was the least reliable Honda I’ve owned, rode nicer than this one does..this is my 5th accord and most likely my last Honda. Shame since I’ve stayed loyal to the beand for the last 17 years.