2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

RATTLE NOISE PROBLEM
By Jamie

2018 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My car makes a annoying rattle sounds. The noise pops up very randomly but mostly when roads are uneven. I visited the service center 3 times so far and it never solved. on the 1st and 2nd visiting , they said everything has fixed but I could still hear the noise right next day. On my 3rd visiting, a Honda worker went with me for test driving for 10~15 min but sadly the roads were too nice, so we could not hear the noise. I said I have bunch of videos that I recorded the noise, but the worker said he actually has to hear the noise. I do not hear the noise all the time but EVERY DAY. He recommended that I should find the roads where I hear the noise, visit a Honda service center near that so someone can test drive my car....... ugh.. I really do not want to waste my time anymore. I had to take my vacation days off from work to go to the service center. This is totally wasting time and money. I totally regret that I got 2018 Accord. Do not know what to do now... so stressful and annoying.

SUB PAR AND SOME
By LARRY FORD

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

this new car by far is the worst riding car I think ive owned in the last 30 yrs,cant wait to get rid of it and the local car guys in the Honda business agreed.no one at the dealer would debate me except for one service employee but he was new and young ,cheap leather matearials,cheap sun roof like riding in bath tub1copuld go on and on!!

NOISE & Rattle is the only thing
By C Panlilio

2018 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Just like most reviews - there is definitely a rattling / noise that comes from the HUB accelerating then coasting at about 20-40 mph. After taking it to the dealership to get it addressed - it ended up being the heater box in the car. They did have to remove the dashboard, address the loose heater box, then add insulation. As of the now there are no other issues on the car. Super fun to drive in sport mode & if gas goes up has an eco mode as well!

A Very Nice Family Sedan with Many Upscale Feature
By Lewisr

2018 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Our new 2018 EXL with Navi replaced a 2014 Accord EXL. The 2014 was the first 4-cylinder Accord we have owned and, quite frankly, we didn't miss the V6 much except when you wanted to accelerate very quickly. The new 1.5L turbo has about the same acceleration and power as the 2014, and is more than adequate for all types of driving. We have put about 1,000 mi on the new car thus far and are indeed impressed. The gas mileage is even better than the 2014, which was excellent. So far we are getting 36-37 mpg with a little city driving and a lot of highway. On a 140 mi trip on the interstate we averaged 39 mpg driving 72-73 mph. The new Honda is considerably more quiet in both around town and highway driving. It also rides better than the 2014 by a significant margin. There is much less tire noise. The handling is similar to the 2014, and the 2018 seems to corner even better than the 2014. The interior in the 2018 is very impressive and is more upscale. All of the electronic safety features work really well. The adaptive cruise controll is very intuitive and effective. The touch-screen and audio system is much more intuitive to operate and sounds better. The only feature we miss is the camera on the passenger side mirror, which has been replaced by the Blind Spot Information System (BSI). The BSI works quite well and is very effective, but the camera was nice to leave turned on when driving in city traffic. We are getting fond of the BSI, however, and the visibility out of the front and sides of the car is excellent, and an improvement over the 2014. Overall the 2018 is more of a luxury sedan. We really like the addition of memory seats, sliding driver seat on entry/exit, and built in garage door opener. As for the looks, we like the front portion of the car better than the 2014, but not the rear. The looks of the new Honda is growing on us, however. We have found no rattles thus far and the car feels very solid and is fun to drive. Our initial reaction is Honda has done a great job on the Accord. If it holds up as well as our other Accords, it will be a homerun.

Happy
By Truc

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car is great. Great value