2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Upset with service by corporate Honda
By Dhawk

2018 Honda Accord Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Two months of mitigation errors and still not resolved. I have spent hours at dealers and on phone to corporate. In shop 8 times and still no ACC or cruise control. The best response I get is have patience with us. Honda has made me feel that I don’t count as a customer. Honda does not stand behind thier cars. My last Honda after owning ten.

2.0 Turbo is great.
By Mike Jesmer

2018 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Performance is better than expected. Combined mileage from purchase date is 31 mpg. On trip over pass and back it was 37 mpg. With the 10 speed transmission the engine runs at 1500 rpm in eco mode no matter what speed you are driving below freeway speed. All this with loads of effortless power. The car is fun to drive with the 2.0 turbo. Huge improvement from our last 2002 Accord that still drove like new after 175,000 miles. Sold that car in one day above book value.

Noise vibration is going to cause mistakes
By Bill

2018 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car is great, expect for the noise vibration around 1800 RPMs. Don't buy this car unless you can tolerate the noise vibrations day in and day out. You will also need to tolerate multiple trips to the dealer to fix.

Goofy tech but a great car to drive
By John

2018 Honda Accord Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The tech can get weird now and then. Sometimes the infotainment system won't come on until I put it in reverse. Once I put it in drive and the backup camera turns off, the rest will come on. That happens maybe once a week. Less frequently the infotainment system won't come on at all, but killing the engine and restarting it fixes it. Those problems can and probably will be fixed by an over-the-air update at some point. It's good that this car will let you update it yourself rather than having to take it to the dealer. I've had no problems with bluetooth connectivity and the sound from the audio system is fine. It could be a little better, but after tweaking the controls it sounds pretty good. There are DIY fixes for some of the issues people are having with that. For those who are having Car Play problems, check your cable. I had a brand new Apple cable that did not agree with this car. That cable works fine everywhere else, and cheap cables work fine in the car. Weird, I know. Onto the car itself: I have only two problems with it. First, there is a rattle coming from the plastic piece on the dash where the HUD projector is. The dealer does have a fix, but I haven't had time to bring it in for that. The second problem is goofy parking sensors. They'll go off randomly in drive-thru lines, even at the window when there's no longer a car in front of me. They also go off at stoplights, especially when I'm behind a pickup truck or large SUV. Something to do with their exhaust, I think. Both of these problems have lessened in frequency now that the weather has cooled down. Not sure why that would be. Otherwise the car is really good. Some have trouble getting in and out, apparently, but I'm 42 years old and fat. The car is low for sure, but I have no problems. My elderly mother gets in and out of it with about the same effort as any other car. Some have Hankook tires and complain of noise. Mine has Michelins and I can hear them but they're not bad. It's not an objectionable sound, at least as far as I'm concerned. There's very little wind noise. Performance is very good. I only got the 1.5 engine because I wanted the best fuel economy I can get. The power is more than adequate for driving around town. There are times I wish for more, but its fine. The steering is good, the brakes are awesome, and the handling in general is exemplary for a big car at this price point. The adaptive suspension is terrific, and while many people hate CVTs as a rule, this is the best one I've driven. If I didn't like it I would have gotten the 2.0 with the 10 speed auto. Honda's CVT is light years ahead of Nissan's junk, that's for sure. Without paragraphs breaks it's hard to write this review so I'm all over the place. The seats are awesome. I love everything about the interior. It's fancy for the price, and tasteful. Extremely comfortable. The driving position is fine for me. Visibility could be better, but I could say that about almost all newer cars. If there's one thing I worry about with this purchase, it's long term reliability. I'm not a big fan of direct injection or turbos, but those things are the reason this car has adequate power and great fuel economy. The Camry was so boring to drive and so ugly, I decided to roll the dice on Honda. And the dealer gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty.

MY LAST CAR WILL BE TAKING IT TO MY GRAVE
By Joseph Snyder

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I have owned Honda's since 1984 I could never buy any other car. This is based on riding in almost ever other car on the market. For the money if you took the purchased price and calculate the number of miles you can put on the car you would be surprised. For example I purchased a 2003 accord for 16000. I drove it for 148,000.thats 9.25 per mile. Also the only thing I did for maintenance was to change the oil very 5000 miles and replaced the brakes once This was a manual 4 speed trans so I used the shifting down for stopping which saved the brakes. I love my Honda's.