2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Vehicle, but.....
By Kevin B.

2018 Honda Accord Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I've had the car for 3 months and put 3k miles on it. I have the 2.0 Touring with the turbo. Overall, I'm very pleased with it, but there are a few quirks I don't like. I've discovered that it is difficult/impossible to determine how close you are to a parking curb or sidewalk on the front end. You can't gauge where your front end is by looking out the windshield and over the hood. The car has sensors that detect objects to the right or left, but none that tell you how close a concrete bumper/sidewalk is to the front bumper. The front bumper sits fairly low to the ground which means it's threatened every time you try to park. Why not put a sensor to protect the middle of the bumper? To compound the problem, if you are on any kind of an incline, up or down, the gear shift becomes problematic. Let's say your bumper is two inches from a concrete bumper and you're on a slight decline. When you put the gear shift into reverse, the car will drift forward up to 6 inches before reverse actually catches hold. Result? Your front bumper gets scraped. I've never had a car before that has so much drift when changing gears. Another problem pertains to the wheels. I believe my wheels are 20". There is very little distance between the rim and the ground as the tires provide only about a 2" buffer. This becomes a problem when you get near a curb as there is very little protection for the rim. As a consequence, if you scrape a curb the rim takes the impact, not the tire. This really makes a mess of your beautiful rims. Check it out when you're in a parking lot: Honda rims will be much more scuffed than others. OK, all that said, I'm still glad I own the vehicle and am very pleased with the quality, performance and mileage. (I recently drove it from PHX to LA and got 36 mpg at 75 mph.) Would I buy it again? You bet. Do I hope they make some improvements before I buy my next one? You bet!

FUN! FUN! FUN!
By Ken Morford

2018 Honda Accord Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

A GREAT FUN CAR. WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING! EVEN MY INSURANCE DECREASED!

Jerky Transmission!
By RSJ

2018 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was so excited to test drive the new Accord 2.0 Turbo with the 10 speed automatic...I finally got to drive it yesterday and boy was I disappointed. first of all, the car is very low which makes getting in and out a bit of a challenge - unlike the former Accords I owned which were pretty easy in and out. I was most excited about the new REAL transmission - I am not a fan of CVTs. But the new transmission is not at all smooth! From the first moment on the way out of the dealer lot to the road for the test drive, the transmission was misbehaving by jerking and "stumbling"...it felt like it didn't know what to do. After getting out on the road, things didn't get better, the acceleration was not smooth and there seemed to be a long lag before it sped up - it was not a pleasant driving experience at all. On the way back into the lot to park it, when I let off the gas, the transmission "stumbled" badly as it felt like it was shifting down through all ten gears quickly...not good. The car handles well and has a quiet ride but it does not feel spacious inside because you are sitting so low and seemed like there were a lot of blind spots. Maybe the car I drove had not been broken in or something was wrong with it, but I urge you to pay close attention to the behavior of the transmission if you test one of these....also, I noticed that the cover over the camera on the windshield that is part of the Honda Sensing system was broken or had come loose - fit and finish issues? Pay attention if you test this one!

Homerun by Honda
By jmralston

2018 Honda Accord Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Be prepared to fall in love! I have owned previous accords and they were just point a to b transportation. This one is a luxury sedan without the price tag. Like my 55 K 530i BMW I owned for 12 years. Great car, but now I can own two just like it. I may have to buy another, because my wife takes it all the time!

Loving It!
By Danny

2018 Honda Accord Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I really enjoy driving this car.