Used 2010 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Yukon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Traditional SUV

James82, 07/26/2010
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After owning a 2000 Dodge Durango for 10 years it was time to replace it. I like the space and comfort that a traditional truck based SUV provides and the GMC Yukon did not disappoint. Even though the price tag was pushing close to a base Escalade, a fully loaded Denali seemed like a better choice. This car has an impressive tow rating which helps me for work, the fuel economy is as expected from a large SUV and an average of 14 mpg city and 22 mpg highway is okay coming from a previous guzzler so I'm used to it. This car is the ultimate road trip car with lots of space and comfortable seats. A good family car that can also hold its own during offroading and one of the best SUVs you can buy.

Engine failure at 110,000 miles

Frank Pocino, 06/24/2016
Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had to replace my Yukon with brand new engine at 110,000 miles because of cam/lifter failure. No help from GM or dealer. Apparently I am not alone. I have owned four Yukons/Suburbans. This is my last.

Better Value Than Escalade

PILOTVIC, 05/02/2010
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a Yukon Denali AWD yesterday. I had three Escalades prior to this car. The Denali has the same engine, transmission, creature features, etc. as the Escalade minus the Cadillac badging and a few other non consequential items. The Denali has a better value per dollar than the Escalade. The Denali should get better mileage after it is broken in than my 2007 Escalade because of the active fuel management. Mileage of Escalade at 68-70 mph with a K&N air filter was over 21 mpg at times. In town average was 16.9 over three years. Denali should be better. Performance in deep snow should be excellent. Most driving will be long cross country. Will give updates after break in.

Great Truck !!!!

gmlover777, 12/20/2011
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

What a wonderful truck. I love everything about this truck. It's beautiful looking and is very reliable! I got the SLT model and we are quiet lucky because it has all the features like the Denali. The only downside to this truck is the 3rd row seating. It's very uncomfortable although we never use it. Im a big guy im 5 foot 10 and I had to lie down on the bench because there was no room to place my feet. But what I do like is you can take the seat's off and it will give you a hell of a lot more space. Great truck!! Always loved these trucks, expect the Chevrolet Tahoe!! Never buy that model too many problems with my experience.

Surprised

taillight, 11/15/2010
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a used base Yukon (35,000 km on it) to replace my 05 pathfinder. Good gas mileage, better than the pathfinder v6. The ride is really smooth on stock 17". I bought aftermarket 20's for next summer. The rear seats should fold into the floor! But they are not that heavy. I have towed the jetski, and the snowmobile with ease. The turning radius is tight, brakes seem good. Fairly quiet ride. Comfy seats. The steering is overboosted. The paint job is poor. The clearcoat must be thin, anything touches the paint and it will scratch it. The car is big, much bigger than the pathfinder, it takes a little getting use to and you have to pay attention parking it. I'm waiting for the reliability to drop