Used 1997 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Yukon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great on the Open Road

jeffroks, 05/09/2005
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I and 3 other family members took this truck on vaction last summer. It is incredibly comfortable on the open road, and you have a feeling of safety when you drive it. Swallows great amounts of luggage. Took me through deep snow banks this past winter.

Great Vehicle

NGB, 01/13/2006
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle new. It has been extremely reliable and is very sound mechanically. The truck has 129,000 miles currently and has not given a minute of trouble. I highly recommend these vehicles for anyone needing a four wheel drive and for anyone needing to haul or move things. We have used this vehicle to move our daughter back and forth to college for four years and into and out of her condo. I cannot say enough good about my Yukon. I love it!!

Love the truck. Hate the ABS

Kat, 07/18/2007
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. It takes all 5 of us,our gear and motorcycle trailer anywhere. Ski trips are comfortable and safe with 4WD and all-terrain tires. I can parallel park with ease. Cargo doors the best. Excellent towing capacity. We had to replace transmission at 49,500. Steering box replaced at 35,000. Wiper motor replaced at 100,000. All under warranty. Professional grade!

Not bad, but some major mechanical issues.....

tubby423, 02/13/2011
SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

We have done a LOT of driving in this vehicle. We purchased it about 3 years ago at 107000 miles. I knew that this model was prone to transmission and fuel pump issues when I bought it so that was no surprise when it happened. True to form we did both at about 120000 miles. We did the fuel pump AGAIN at about 160000 miles. We did a radiator & steering box shortly after purchase as well. The interior is ok. The seats aren't nearly as comfortable as the Expedition we own. It has a lot of room and can carry a lot gear. All in all it's not a BAD vehicle, but I didn't buy another one if that tells you anything...

Not hAPPY

Vsb58, 03/14/2003
SLE 2dr SUV

I've owned this vehicle 18 months, and have had nothing but problems some normal, some unusual. Door handle broke, would only open from outside, I never had this happen on old old vehicles. Had to replace door handle and lock. Fuel pump had to be replaced, radiator had hole and to be replaced. Had 1 bad fuel injector had to be replaced. Thats only some of my problems, the cost....not cheap.