Used 1997 GMC Suburban Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I love it

sunflower252003, 11/06/2003
C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV and I love it.I have 5 kids and we can all fit comfy.I love chevy

Great older ride

Grady, 05/29/2005
C1500 4dr SUV

Had to replace the fuel pump and water pump at 70K miles. Otherwise, a splendid vehicle.

my favorite vehicle

waderboddle, 03/05/2006
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is over nine years old but is still solid, quiet and dependable. I have owned it for five years. It handles well for it's size, tracks well and is a pleasure to drive. Current odometer is 170k. Motor is still quiet and peppy. I use synthetic oil. The downside of this truck is the fuel pump. If you plan to buy one and can hear a buzzing sound, with the engine running, coming from the rear license plate, replace the fuel pump. Also check the gas tank for rust. I've replaced the pump twice myself. I was blessed, both times when it died it was parked.

Old and still running well.

R W, 07/09/2007
C1500 4dr SUV

125,000 miles and still running like a champ. Hauls our 3000 lb travel trailer well, but uses a lot of gas when towing (9 mpg). When not towing I get 18 mpg on the highway. Replaced fuel pump two times in two month (also replaced steering gearbox and alternator, but after 113,000 miles, I suppose that's OK). The engine itself is solid as a rock. 125,000 miles and no leaks. It runs very smooth even on heavy acceleration. I've heard from a lot of people, including mechanics, to watch the tranny. Had a spring break in the tranny, but was inexpensive to repair.

5 for 5

bww, 05/21/2003
C1500 4dr SUV

I'm on my 5th Suburban. I love them and I feel my family is safe in one. Safety is more important to me than a few miles per gallon. By the way all 5 of my Suburbans have averaged 18-20 mgp on the road. Not bad considering that I usually I'm loaded up with gear.