Used 1997 GMC Suburban Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

4 months and lovin' it

Mike, 12/29/2004
C2500 4dr SUV

I really like this Suburban. This is the first full size SUV I have owned and I love it. I have had minor problems such as the wipers getting stuck, but move after I "help" them. There is also a gremlin in the wiring for the interior lights. They stay on all the time unless I use the override switch. I find these to be minor problems I can live with. I have the 7.4 2wd. Loads of power! Gas mileage the same as my old Grand Cherokee 12mpg. Nine-passenger seating has plenty enough room for three kids and camping gear. Handles great on the open highway, a little tougher to handle in the city traffic. Also, it's a big truck that needs lots of room to stop. Brakes could be better. Great truck.

High Cost of Ownership

dls, 06/04/2003
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

By far the most costly vehicle I have ever owned (and I consider myself a GM guy). Although I love this vehicle for trips and towing my boat and motocross trailer it has cost me dearly over the past 12 months. Repairs to the transfer case, power steering pump, rear universals, sway bar connecting rods and upper and lower coolant intakes have cost me just under $2500 this year. With only 70K miles on the vehicle I had hoped to own it for another 70K-80K miles. I expect the poor gas mileage, wear and tear and brake pads and a new battery every three years, it's a big vehicle and I bought it with my eyes open.

Middle of the road

texan, 06/13/2006
C1500 4dr SUV

This SUV is OK. Not bad but not real great. The fuel pump has gone out 4 times and the AC broke. Not bad for 147,000 miles. Handles nicely but hard to park

WHAT A TRUCK

skriser, 06/10/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

There are a few things to look for when buying. 1. Make sure it has LT tires and not P, the passenger radial tends to pull even though the alignment is good. We just spent over $500 putting 4 LT tires on and it rides a heck of a lot better. 2. Make sure there are good shocks.The dealer claimed to put on new shocks, they spent $11 a piece. They are wrong for that class of truck.3. Check for maintenace history. 4.Have FUN. We did the 100k tune up,and it runs like a champ. The gas mileage is about 15 mpg, but the tank holds 40 gallons and we can go a long long way on a tank.

Dependable

joevalis, 09/30/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

One of the best vechicles I ever owned. Rides great and is very dependable. Had no problems with it except normal wear and tear. Has 120000 miles bught it new and I'am going to sell it to my daughter.