Used 1998 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Sonoma

hannahbug21, 08/06/2008

Generally reliable but when it breaks down it is down for days. I have replaced the wiper motor twice, the computer system twice, alternator, ball joints tie rod ends, and others odds and ends through the years. But I abuse it. It's a great daily commuter. Put wieght it in the back and it handles allright in all weather conditions. It gets excellent gas mileage, 30+ in the city on a good tuned engine. It only has a 4 cylinder so it cant haul much weight but does well for its size. My truck has the long box so it handles like a school bus. It has that big truck feel even though it is so small. My full sized Sierra has a smaller turning radius. It is a bit gutlus I would go for the V6

Served its purpose

CCfella, 04/24/2010

I bought this truck off a 3 year lease and have put 90K miles on it with little problems. I had to replace the alternator and the U-joint, but the engine and tranny have been reliable. It also has a little more road noise than I'd like. However, these complaints are minimal compared to the reliability and good gas milage it gets (28 miles/gallon).

My Sonoma

Mark Maloney, 08/01/2010

It has been an excellent truck for me and the wife. it has proven to be dependable and reliable. It is a good driving truck, nice ride.

gutless wonder

gutless wonder, 09/10/2010

this is my third sonoma/s-10/s-15. i dont need a full size truck and i always buy used. 217k miles on original engine(2.2) transmission and clutch. i don't baby my trucks at all, they are used for their intended purpose and this one fits the bill. is it a coincidence that they all rust out in the same places, no matter what year they are?

Good little truck

gabe, 05/15/2007

Good little truck. I use it for work pulling and hauling light loads, works out great. Plenty of power for a V6 4.3L.