List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 2500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...123456

Pros
Cons

6.0 L Gas engine no slouch

my new truck, 06/05/2008
SLE1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first 3/4 ton truck I've ever owned and it is great. I've had Fords in the past and know people with both the F250 and F350. They've had too many problems for me to even consider a Ford. The GMC is built stout, and while the gas engine lacks the torque that the diesel engine has it is the perfect engine for someone who does not tow all of the time. It has plenty of get up and I'm getting around 14 MPG right now on the freeway at 75-80 MPH. Many of thr trucks I see pulling large trailers these days are GMC or Chevy, they must be doing something right. PS, while gas prices are high right now the purchase incentives are even higher, good time to buy a gas hog!

This is one super 3/4 ton truck

Bill, 07/15/2008
SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought an 08 Duramax 4x4 last month and just love the this truck. Ride is very predictable for a 3/4 ton, little harsh but if you wanted a smooth ride go with the 1/2 ton. The diesel has got a lot of horsepower. I love the quick acceleration this truck offers. I pull a trailer that goes about 6000 lbs. If you're looking for a truck to tow and gets generous fuel economy this is the truck.

Had to get rid of it

woof_breff, 09/06/2014
SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The GMC 2500HD is powerful, looks good, and can haul a ton of cargo without a problem. Has a stiff ride and a gas guzzler. The interior is somewhat simple and spartan but has nice accents, very roomy. The gas version has a nice roar to it and it picks up quite fast. The problem was the engine was too powerful for the tranny. The tranny went out a couple times and we had to move on. It was tough as nails otherwise.

08 single cab work horse 2500hd

Wayne, 11/08/2018
SLE1 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I really can't say anything bad about my 08 single cab 2500 HD GMC Sierra. Reason being is bc I've owned it since brand new, the price was more than reasonable and when I test drove it for the first time it really felt like a truck. Its 6.0 gas with torsion bar front suspension so alittle ruff ride but all good bc its tuff and a ton of power out the whole and beyond. Its ten years later now and I still drive it every day for work and pleasure. Through the years I've put bigger tire,rims,tinted the windows,added stereo and leveled the front end. In ten years I've only had to replace one hub bearing other than I've just changed oil regularly,air filter ,3 batteries and 3 sets of tires and she just keeps going with 185.000miles. Also I've never changed brake pads witch blows my mind with all the towing I do. So to anyone that is thinking about purchasing this particular type of truck as long as it looks in decent shape I would highly recommend it.

1...123456