List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 2500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Needs Help

Totally unimpressed, 06/17/2009
SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Before buying this truck I owned a F250 V10. This truck was supposed to have 50 more hp and comparable torque but its lack of power is remarkable. My mpg is ok until I hook something behind it then its 5mpg... I have had no less than 20 warranty claims in 1 year. It absolutly can not handle any hitch weight without bottoming out. The sheet metal used to form the body is so thin the smallest bump and you have a dent. I really had high hopes that GM had a great truck but after the trans went out @ 6500 miles and many many other issues I'll admit I was wrong.. This pickup is fine for pulling your boat or cruising around but if you want a HD pickup do not buy this one.

My first 3/4 Ton Truck & Diesel

Ryan, 02/11/2010
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I previously owned a 1999 Silverado 1500 4X4 Extended Cab Standard Bed and a 2007 Sierra 1500 4X4 Extended Cab Standard Bed I wanted to upgrade to something more powerful with more room. While I really don't need it for towing at this point, I can only imagine how great of a towing vehicle this will be. I am very impressed with the power of the Duramax diesel, as well as how quiet it is compared to the Ford Power Stroke and the Cummins in the Dodge. I test drove all 3 brands, and what won me over was the performance and power of the Duramax, as well as how much smoother the Allison Tranny shifted over the transmissions in the Dodge and Ford. The interior is the best of the 3.

So far, love it.

Woof, 04/11/2010
SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 SLT, Diesel on New Year's eve day, 08. I have put on 17,000 miles mixed mostly highway and suburban with a good bit of weekend warrior hunting and camping trips. I commute in this baby and my combined mileage is 15.7 over the last 9 months. That's with a cap on the back,and with 35 miles a day in hardcore SF Bay Area highway traffic hell. I don't tow but it will haul a back end load of hunting equipment, dogs and coolers full of meat. Honestly, I could use a lesser truck for most of what I do, but when I need to step up this truck takes it and keeps going. I can stick 3 dogs in the back of the cab, w. seats folded and they ride in comfort and one of them clocks in at 120lbs

Absolutely Amazing!

Roper, 03/02/2008
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 6-7 GM products over the last 25 years and I can honestly say that the appointments and driving ability of this vehicle are outstanding. Everything is perfect

Poor Gas Mileage

Sailer, 03/20/2008
SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

9.5 mpg city 10.7 highway. Door handle under armrest is a pain to get to. 5.3 engine would give enough power as I run empty 95% of time Needed 2500 to plow snow. Needs cup holders in dash.

12345...6