List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 2500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

2nd Diesel, I'm keeping this one

Justin, 12/19/2008
SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the 6.6L with the Duramax/Allison combination, not the 6.0L. I previously had an 05' with similar features but wasn't worth the buyout at the end of the lease. There are things I liked about the 05 that the 08 lacks but most of all, I'm very pleased with the truck. Towing is great. Crewcab 8' bed is a long truck though. Park it at home if you intend to go into a city.

Transmission/ride

Craig, 06/19/2008
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is by far the worst riding vehicle i have ever owned. I understand it is a HD, but come on GM, you're not always towing with it 100% of the time. I cannot believe the research and development guys at GM designed it that way. The rear end bounces 60% the time when empty or partially empty. tryed changing shocks and tire pressure adjustment. helped out about 5%. The new 6 speed tranmission in my truck needs work. There is a delay in shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear. This happen 10% to 20% of the time but is annoying.When the delay happens engine racing anywhere from 200 rpm to 1000 before the shift takes place.Tranmission engages harshly when shift happens. Look elsewhere.

Sharp comfortable work truck

efflandt, 01/13/2008
SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I am just approaching its first 1000 miles, so 13.8 ave. mpg of the 6.0L gas engine in wet to snowy suburban/hwy driving may improve in milder/dry weather as it gets broken in. The SLE1 interior trim is a step up from your average work truck with comfortable seats and leather wrapped steering wheel. A smooth quiet ride for a heavy duty truck under most conditions. Feels heavy, but stable and turns on a dime when you want it to. The 26 gal tank may seem limiting, but that is still good for mid-300 mile range, farther than most people would drive without taking a break. Overall it would be hard to find a better truck.

08 GMC 3/4 duramax! is it worth it?

qoh322, 11/06/2007
SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck drives awesome! Holds the road great and very powerful (duramax). Current gas mileage is only 15.5-16.7 still breaking in. Truck only has 600 miles. Color is sonoma red.

7 months of ownership & still great!

GMCcowboy, 03/10/2008
SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my 2500HD 4x4 back in August. 8500 miles later, I still love the performance, comfort, and looks of it. I've made one 900+ mile trip towing a 4,000 lb. trailer, and it drove like there was nothing attached to it. The interior comfort is excellent. The seats are very comfy, and the quality is outstanding. I have not had any problems to speak of. I'm real impressed with this truck. The only downside is the gas mileage (to be expected). I average 12/13 in the city, 16-18 highway (depending on speed) and 12.5 towing a trailer on the interstate. Reckon the 6-speed auto helps the MPG a bit.

12345...6