Used 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 2500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GMC your outa here!!

Greggo112, 08/06/2018
4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 32K miles from a dealer( it was the mechanics truck) it was certified and still under warranty. I have about 102 K miles on it and the injectors went while I was on vacation 300 miles away.Cost to repair the injectors about $2500 parts only. about $4,800 if I send it to a garage. Dealer would be double that. Truck needs to be towed home. Heres the list of things that have gone wrong with so little milage on it. Steering wheel clunk,brake lines rusted out( never had this problem with my 21 year 4 runner or corolla),fuel lines rusted out, instrument cluster died 1500 miles away from home ,rear wheel seals leak,radio died,brakes are horrible no mater what rotors and pads I put on them, tow haul function died,tranfer case rub. the list goes on and on. You pay about $8,000 extra for a diesel and expect it to last past 102 K with out spending $5000 for injectors.The truck is worth about $6-7 K

4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB Duramax/Allison

Michigan Mike, 10/17/2003

This is my first pickup. Used to own a 93 Suburban. Traded an Acura CL Type S for this truck. Surprisingly good build quality. After 1500 miles, no problems at all. In the Acura I had to replace the front seat and the sunroof after this many miles. Wish that the OnStar GPS system could be hooked into a 3rd party navigation system with a screen and DVD. Performance (acceleration, braking) is great, though I've not yet towed anything. Heated seats are better/warmer than those in Acura. No complaints!

Hot Rig..!

bearman, 12/20/2003

More truck than I expected, plenty of power. Very roomy, solidly built with great ride.

BUY ONE!!!

LUV my Duramax, 12/26/2003

I purchased my truck about 3 weeks ago, and have put 1800 miles on it. I absolutely love the Duramax/Allison combo. Anything with this setup will drive like a dream. The Duramax doesn't hesitate with anything, and the allison smartly downshifts when slowing down to reduce brake wear. This truck is also the quietest diesel I've tested, when comparing the "BIG 3". At anything above 50mph you can't even notice you're running a diesel. ...every time I drive it...I like it even more...nuff' said.

Good but could be better!

Jose Galvan, 01/10/2004

Thus far it's proven to be what was expected. I do like the pick up power and acceleration power, the turning radius needs to be inproved. Another plus would be to install a rear window that is fuctional. Heat controls for the rear needs installed. Overall the performance, handling, and appearance are what I' expected. I've named it the HULK, it's big, it's green and it's powerful!