Skip to main content

Select your trim:
12345...6

Transmission nightmare

Scott W, 03/25/2023
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

We purchased a 2023 GMC Sierra Denali recently and have been experiencing a shudder and shaking when driving since day one. We took it to the dealer to have it checked out. The service manager acknowledged the shudder and told us that it was in an acceptable range and that GMC has bad transmissions. When talking with the sales staff and sales manager, they also indicated that many people have had the same complaints. The sales manager took my information and told me he would check into things and get back to me. That was almost a month ago and still no call. I have since talked to my sales person and she also told me that she would get back to me. That has been several weeks now. I didn’t expect when paying $75,000 for a new truck that we would feel like we are driving down a cobblestone road. Very disappointed. No calls, no response. Don’t NOT buy a GMC!

2 out of 5 stars

Why has GM become so cheap.

Jim, 04/05/2023
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

I just recently bought a 2023 GMC Sierra. I have driven GM vehicles all of my life and this is actually the third new truck I've bought since 2018 and several before that. I have always liked them and was always happy with the way that GM did business until now. To my surprise they don't include an Owners manual or maintenance manual with a truck that you paid $63,000 for. As I contacted them about this I learned that I could purchase one for $50. I could understand it if you lost it or bought a used one and it didn't have one in it. I just think it's pretty cheap not to provide one with a $63,000 vehicle. It makes me wonder where else they are cutting corners. The next time I trade, I will look at other brands.

1 out of 5 stars

2023 1500 Duramax. Towed to dealer twice.

seatoskyguy, 05/22/2023
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.6 ft. SB (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 10A)

The fit and finish is good, fuel mileage is good, but had DEF sensor failure within the first week of ownership, towed to dealer. Two days ago left stranded in the bush, with full shut down while driving and no restart, the truck has 3000 kms on it. Had to hike out 10 kms to get signal to get a pick up. Will be without a truck again. Complete bullsh*t that a brand new truck has full failures like this. When talking with GMC Roadside assistance, huge hassle to get the truck recovered. I have owned a 2019 1500, 2021 3500 and now this lump. Will never buy a GMC again. I know Dodge and Ford are no better, but sick of issues with brand new trucks.

Build Your 2024 Sierra 1500 Denali
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 1 Trim
  • 6 Packages
  • $69,900starting MSRP
Build & PriceGMC.com
*The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees, and optional equipment. Dealer sets final price. Click here to see all GMC vehicles’ destination freight charges.

Six month review

John, 10/10/2023
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2023 Sierra Elevation Crew Cab 4WD 5.3l V8. I bought the Sierra to replace my 2003 Silverado which had been the best vehicle I'd ever owned so I had high expectations. Overall, I really like the GMC and appreciate the comfort features. I'll list some of my positives and negatives but most of the negatives are very minor so judge for yourself. Hopefully, this helps you. Positives: Very smooth and quiet ride. Decent mileage (~20mpg highway, 5.3l V8). Excellent trailering app and brake controller. Plenty of cargo loops (12x). Bumper step is nice. No gas cap is cool. Truck looks great. Love the Titanium Rush color. Negatives: Auto-stop was annoying so I installed an auto-stop eliminator. Fog lights are very weak. Climate controls are hard to use as the buttons are small and you can't really tell what the setting is until you press a button. The dashboard vents blow directly at your face regardless of which way the vanes are aimed. The fan is quite loud above the lowest speed setting. The seats aren't very comfortable so I added a seat pad that also helps me see over the high hood line (I'm 5'10"). The radio changes volume randomly. Side-exit exhaust would be better so as to not fill the garage with exhaust or blow at me while I hook up the trailer. Final words: Overall, the truck is great. If you test drive one, be sure to drive the 3.7l diesel. I was very impressed but stuck with the 5.3l gas because I liked it so much in my old Silverado.

3 out of 5 stars

GM’s dirty little secret

BusinessChef, 12/13/2023
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 10A)

I purchased this vehicle because it was announced it comes STANDARD with Blind Spot Detection and rear cross path detection. I was very unhappy when I drove of the lot and realized it was not there without any disclosure. The dealer told me GM decided not to add the feature and nobody seems to care. Yes on my window sticker I had a disclosure and a credit for the missing steering wheel lock??

3 out of 5 stars