Used 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Nice truck, with flaws

Jimmy Fortuna, 12/29/2016
Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Overall it's a nice truck. It rides well, is comfy, and has almost every bell and whistle. Almost everything seems to be at 90% of my expectations. The transmission is constantly searching, and the entertainment system already seems dated.

I LOVE MY TRUCK ITS RIGHT.OUTSIDE

Randy, 08/15/2018
SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Buu it. Hands down so far the best bow tie vehicle Ive ever owned.It s fast lot of comfort a rollin computer on wheels Hell the only thing it dont do is fly

Extremely disappointed

Disappointed customer, 09/04/2019
Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

I got my 2017 sierra denali with a 5.3l and 8 speed transmition brand new while working at a gmc dealer. I was so excited as this has been my dream truck for many years. After 1 month of driving I had loud clunking noises coming from the suspension. After 20 plus times in the shop . 1 year later after gm denied to assist me in trading in they finally "fixed it" they replaced every bit of the rear suspension and put some kind of pad between the springs, this seems to be working but since they replaced the entire suspension I won't trust it until I have several thousand miles. From day one the transmission has shifted so harshly it feels as though your being punched in the back. It slams gears and lunges at times. The trans recently has started the dreaded chevy shake which is a vibration that causes everything in the truck to rattle. The rear power window rattles constantly. Recently I was driving to work when my truck went in to limp mode. I called the dealer and brought it In. They told me that it was the battery which I thought was odd since the truck is less than 2 years old and has 40k miles but I live in warm weather so anyway I said ok they replaced the battery then they could not get the truck to start. Hmmm ok so turns out it was an electrical component of the high preasure fuel pump under the manifold which was a 1000 dollar repair and apparently not covered by warranty. GM covers half of the repair to be fair not enough but it's something. So again I ask gm to please buy this truck back! I promise to buy another gm but I want out of this lemon. Well gm said no again. And it's likely because I'm not the only one having these problems. Gm clearly did not test anything on this truck before slapping a 65k price in it and shipping it out to customers like me. I have been a loyal gm customer for my entire life my family have purchased numerous gmc models and only drive gmc for the last 30 years. Sorry gm you have lost our business completely. Don't get stuck like me. Gm is not loyal to its customers.

GMC FAN NO MORE

Russell Sheldt, 03/29/2018
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My new 2017 GMC Serra SLT is a true lemon. I currently own four vehicles from the GMC family but no more GMCs for me. This truck was listed at 51,845 dollars. I understand that mistakes are going to be made in manufacturing and that Vince Whibbs may not have known that they were selling me a GMC lemon but if you can not fix it replace it . After six trips to Vince Whibbs GMC for the same issue it is still broken. What good is GMC's warranty if they can not fix it? Not only did Vince Whibbs GMC not fix it but they created another issue on our 4th trip there.

transmission shifting issues GMC declairs normal

John Hoch, 01/08/2018
SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Caution to perspective buyers.... Major issue with transmission 2017 ,,, GMC declares normal operation with Bullitin 99-04-20-002J,,, ... 01-09-2019,,, Recently discovered GM has new transmission redesign for 2019. I still have my 2017 V8 Searria .. Still very disappointed with cloggy transmission shifting.. Will NOT recommend or buy GM again..

12345...6